FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Reprice your trips now! Super-low fares for travel through early June (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2011842-reprice-your-trips-now-super-low-fares-travel-through-early-june.html)

zachary Mar 6, 2020 11:03 am

Reprice your trips now! Super-low fares for travel through early June

Maybe related, I've been monitoring fares for mid- to late March for a while on routes like TPA-PHL and STL-LGA. They dropped in the last 48 hours like I haven't seen before. One flight that was $350 went down to $112. Another that was $219 went down to $129. A third that was $190 went down to $70. Given that all of these flights are only 2-3 weeks away, I was surprised by the size of the price drop.

tusphotog Mar 6, 2020 11:15 am

I’ve seen prices drop $200-$300 on a couple routes out of PHX in March, which is very unusual since this is our busy time.

FWIW, I was in Portland on Wednesday night. The airport was a ghost town at 530p. Phoenix was busy when I left Monday morning, but it’ll be interesting to see how it is next week when I leave.

Peoriaman1 Mar 6, 2020 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by zachary (Post 32150188)
Given that all of these flights are only 2-3 weeks away, I was surprised by the size of the price drop.

Same here. In six days I am flying to FLL. After months of fluctuating between between $194-$209-$229 my flight suddenly dropped yesterday to $145... And this morning it was briefly $124 before going back to $147 where it sits as of a few minutes ago. And now after the weekend its $104.

BarryPeters Mar 6, 2020 9:31 pm

Yep, I just rebooked some non-stop LAX - MDW flights scheduled over the next eight weeks or so. I received credits of anywhere from ten to 75 dollars or so. I booked a new one way non-stop in May between the two airports for 69 dollars, which seems to me quite inexpensive for that time of year!

CalItalian Mar 6, 2020 11:58 pm

There are some crazy low fares out there that appeared over the last few days and sold out flights that are now wide open. LAX-FLL $104 this Sunday, lots more for $108 other days. LAX-MSY $77 April/May selected dates. SAN-HNL for as low as $99. LAX-HNL for as low as $108. And as previously posted in another thread, LAX-SJC/SFO or LAS as low as $30. Some of these are in the upcoming days or weeks but others extend well into May.

I had a vacation planned for the Calle Ocho event in Miami next weekend but since Miami cancelled it today, I'm cancelling my flights, too.

nsx Mar 7, 2020 1:30 am

Transcons for $135 or less with almost no advance purchase. Wow. I might even have a use for one of those.

lougord99 Mar 7, 2020 4:52 am

The very inexpensive fares currently seem to run through the first week of June.

Anyone who has any flight between now and the first week of June needs to check the prices. They are almost certainly lower than the fare you paid.

MichaelKade Mar 7, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 32152759)
The very inexpensive fares currently seem to run through the first week of June.

Anyone who has any flight between now and the first week of June needs to check the prices. They are almost certainly lower than the fare you paid.

so glad i checked - saved on almost every flight i had booked between now and june!

EAJuggalo Mar 7, 2020 6:39 am

My DAL-MKE flight in three weeks went down $4 from when I booked it. My MKE DAL flight in two weeks went up 4500 points.

spongenotbob Mar 7, 2020 8:20 am

Seeing some major fare reductions for transcons in mid-April. As an aside, Delta is selling ATL-SFO for $206 R/T during the same time period. Have never seen it that low.

NoStressHere Mar 7, 2020 2:01 pm

Yep... did some checking on some "normal" bookings of mine and low price dropped even lower. Picked up some points back into the bank.

Most of my bookings were done during the MAX8 window(s), so they are already at very low fares, but will be keeping an eye on those. Right now - no deals on those for me.

KKILR3 Mar 7, 2020 6:33 pm

I've seen some big sales happening, and in some cases the prices went down even more since I repriced them just yesterday!

Trip 1: Minneapolis to Los Angeles (any of BUR, LAX, LGB), Saturday 4/4 avoiding super early or super late flights:
- Booked February 4 for $159 (as MSP-OAK-BUR)
- Repriced yesterday, March 6 for $126 (same flights)
- Repriced just now (March 7) for $91 (now MSP-DEN-LGB at similar times)

Trip 2: Los Angeles (any of BUR, LAX, LGB) to Phoenix, Monday 4/6 early afternoon:
- Booked February 4 for $93 (as BUR-PHX)
- Repriced yesterday for $69 (switching to LAX-PHX at a similar time)
- Repriced just now for $49 (switching back to my original BUR-PHX)

Trip 3: Minneapolis to Chicago, Saturday 6/6 second morning flight of the day, no flexibility on my part at all:
- Booked February 26 for $74
- Repriced yesterday for $69
- Repriced just now for $49

Trip 4: Minneapolis to Chicago, Saturday 8/8 morning or afternoon:
- Booked February 26 for $74
- Repriced yesterday for $69
This one is still going for $69.

I'm not sure what their "floor" is for some of these routes but I will continue to check periodically to see if they drop further.

MichaelKade Mar 7, 2020 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 32154284)
Most of my bookings were done during the MAX8 window(s), so they are already at very low fares, but will be keeping an eye on those. Right now - no deals on those for me.

Can you elaborate on this for me? Have seen a few mentions but not entirely sure what y'all mean.

Boraxo Mar 7, 2020 8:30 pm

Discovered this on my own today but kudos to OP for the heads up.

I have literally been waiting months for a price drop on my off peak OAK-BUR flights in Early April and today I see they have finally dropped from &69 to $49 one-way. Saves me $80 Each way for family of 4.

unfortunately my late April flights are still pricing at $69+ and May flights to ONT are even higher but patience is a virtue ;) and I don’t see demand curving up...

vike16 Mar 7, 2020 9:06 pm

MCI-MSP just dropped to $49 OW :) Anniversary sale came early so I just refared and saved a lot of money for my mid-April and Memorial Day trips! Thanks for the heads-up!

Now the question is how long does the sale last and do they extend this into summer?