Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule changes June/early July

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Schedule changes June/early July

For those of you traveling in June/early July, check your reservations for possible schedule changes.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
For those of you traveling in June/early July, check your reservations for possible schedule changes.
Is this the wrong thread?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:06 pm

The "right" thread is gone...
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Nothing to see here. Move along...

Last edited by Tanic; Feb 12, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:49 pm

Not a fan. Had a great trip planned and my weekday evening MSP-MCI departure got eliminated in favor of a 6:40 am departure time. At least in the case of the 4th of July, I can change to the Sunday for free.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by vike16
Not a fan. Had a great trip planned and my weekday evening MSP-MCI departure got eliminated in favor of a 6:40 am departure time. At least in the case of the 4th of July, I can change to the Sunday for free.
You should be able to change the rescheduled flight for free also. You might have to call in to do it tho. Anytime they change your scheduled flight, they allow you to change to another flight that might better suit your needs.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Window is 6/7-8/10

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/7...737MAX8_190408
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
There is a message in the APP that I can change my flight for July but nothing has changed on my reservation that I can see. My departure and arrival times are all the same. ???
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by johnr863
There is a message in the APP that I can change my flight for July but nothing has changed on my reservation that I can see. My departure and arrival times are all the same. ???
Something changed. Flight #, time on one end or other or maybe equipment.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
While I generally think more information on FT is better, let's make this the most detailed post for this thread on the subject. Please, if you don't know what this means, don't ask here. And if you know what it means, don't post it here. We tried being transparent about things before, and it didn't work out.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by johnr863
Nothing needs to change. I have one reservation/flight that was cancelled and I was protected on another flight (that's the message that woke me up this morning telling me this is LIVE again) and another 3 that are just changeable because they are in the window of dates (no message sent) posted a couple of replies back for the summer season. Currently booking all my summer travel !!!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS, DL
This is all over slickdeals and blogs now unfortunately, the cat's out of the bag. Southwest seems to have caught on and raised their minimum prices during this free change window so there aren't any amazing deals anymore (at least on the routes I'm looking at) but still savings to be had.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by markr5485
This is all over slickdeals and blogs now unfortunately, the cat's out of the bag. Southwest seems to have caught on and raised their minimum prices during this free change window so there aren't any amazing deals anymore (at least on the routes I'm looking at) but still savings to be had.
Correct, "at least on the routes I'm (you) looking at", as I have been able to save thousands again on my summer travel, specially becaus I require Sunday night returns to one of the most expesive airports in the nation, "SNA", and have tons of competing prices at "LAX" that make WN drop fares yes or yes with the co-terminal change option.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Something changed. Flight #, time on one end or other or maybe equipment.
I think it is equipment related. The flight numbers and times did not change. Looks like both flights are now 737-700. The outbound used to be a Max8.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL
Originally Posted by carlitos
Correct, "at least on the routes I'm (you) looking at", as I have been able to save thousands again on my summer travel, specially becaus I require Sunday night returns to one of the most expesive airports in the nation, "SNA", and have tons of competing prices at "LAX" that make WN drop fares yes or yes with the co-terminal change option.
Yeah like I said in the original post, "but still savings to be had."

I'm just saying in the past Southwest kept prices the same during the free change windows. This time, there is an immediate increase in the minimum price starting July 7th. WN knows that people are abusing this and increased the minimum price during the free change window so they don't take as much of a loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.