Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule changes June/early July

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Haven't had to cancel the companion ticket for a while now.
Its still making me do it before making any changes.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Haven't had to cancel the companion ticket for a while now.
Just logged in an attempted a change. It told me I had to cancel companion first.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Just logged in an attempted a change. It told me I had to cancel companion first.
Odd. Maybe it was a trial period. Really liked not having the hassle of canceling companion.
synergistic likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:04 am

Have 6 companion flights booked, some booked as recent as last week, all require that I cancel the companion before making a change
Attached Images  
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Well, this one is gone now. Due to WN not having extended its schedule, changes for tickets all the way to August 10 is now in the past.

It will be a while until we see changes allowed to anything after August 10. For now, plenty of traveling to do
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Or the companion still has a PNR but is no longer ticketed.
PNR?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
PNR?
Though you could easily get an answer here if you check back later, a quick internet search will QUICKLY explain that a PNR is...

well....here you go... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_name_record
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:50 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ts/4586843002/
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:42 pm

Southwes Flight change policy

Hi Folks

does anyone the time window in which you can change your flight to another one without paying the fare difference. I was able to do this for a tip in May. And apparently it is supposed to still work from June - August but it’s not working. I’m not referring to change fee ((WN doesn’t ever charge that)) but this is not being charged the difference in fare due to the Max 8 schedule.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:06 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'll move this to our Southwest forum, where someone is bound to have the information.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:42 pm

The latest round of free changes is over.

If your flight was actually affected by the MAX grounding, and you haven't already made a one-time change, you can reach out to Southwest directly.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:05 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
Hi Folks

does anyone the time window in which you can change your flight to another one without paying the fare difference. I was able to do this for a tip in May. And apparently it is supposed to still work from June - August but it’s not working. I’m not referring to change fee ((WN doesn’t ever charge that)) but this is not being charged the difference in fare due to the Max 8 schedule.
Free changes were available during a few days only. That opportunity ended a week ago.

Possible exception: If you received a free change email for your reservation you can try calling Southwest and asking about a free change.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
FWIW and maybe a new datapoint, I got an email about an itinerary due to a change on an international flight in May due to a schedule change. Then a PHONE CALL a fee hours later from a live human asking if I has seen it and she told me about a one time change available online -/+ 14 days in either direction. She said it was related to the MAX grounded.

I was impressed, is this new?
synergistic likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by joshua362
FWIW and maybe a new datapoint, I got an email about an itinerary due to a change on an international flight in May due to a schedule change. Then a PHONE CALL a fee hours later from a live human asking if I has seen it and she told me about a one time change available online -/+ 14 days in either direction. She said it was related to the MAX grounded.

It happened to me about a year ago when the planes were first grounded. They changed the outgoing flight to one that had a connection. Later they called to tell me about it and said i could change it if the new flight was unacceptable. This was for me and my companion. They also offered two $200 luv vouchers for both of us.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362

My other half got a voicemail about a change, but it didn't mention which of his twenty upcoming flights it applied to. None had a red bar online, and none appear different enough that I noticed while checking for red boxes. I'm sure we'll figure it out at some point, but I can't say that the voicemail left me even a little bit impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.