Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MKE/SFO nonstop?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

MKE/SFO nonstop?

Milwaukee airport website lists MKE/SFO non-stop on Southwest as seasonal. I haven’t been able to find/book one yet.

Anyone know which months this is available or has this nonstop route been completely cancelled?

In either case, I don’t see any other Bay Area airport listed with nonstop service to/from Milwaukee.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
IIRC, and they may have changed this, they stopped nonstops to SFO in 2017. They are still available at MDW.
mac94949 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
This is a topic of frequent discussion in the Milwaukee airport thread (in the Midwest destination forum.) There are currently no nonstop flights from MKE to the Bay Area on any carrier. The only such flight from the entire state of Wisconsin is a daily nonstop MSN-SFO on a UA E175 operated by Skywest. Otherwise, if you don't want to connect somewhere, it's a drive to ORD to catch a nonstop on UA/AA/AS.

Depending on the schedule, you may be able to find a through flight (1 stop, stay on the same plane) via LAS, LAX, PHX, or DEN from one of the Bay Area airports. For example, there is currently one daily OAK-DEN-MKE through flight.

The MKE-SFO nonstop made a brief reappearance summer of 2018, from June to August. I don't believe it was back this past summer, perhaps due to the fleet crunch brought on by the MAX. In fact, even MKE-LAX is occasionally dropping off the schedule, and that always used to be a year-round daily flight. The hope is that these flights come back more regularly once the fleet situation is more stable.
mac94949 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mizzou65201
This is a topic of frequent discussion in the Milwaukee airport thread (in the Midwest destination forum.) There are currently no nonstop flights from MKE to the Bay Area on any carrier. The only such flight from the entire state of Wisconsin is a daily nonstop MSN-SFO on a UA E175 operated by Skywest. Otherwise, if you don't want to connect somewhere, it's a drive to ORD to catch a nonstop on UA/AA/AS.

Depending on the schedule, you may be able to find a through flight (1 stop, stay on the same plane) via LAS, LAX, PHX, or DEN from one of the Bay Area airports. For example, there is currently one daily OAK-DEN-MKE through flight.

The MKE-SFO nonstop made a brief reappearance summer of 2018, from June to August. I don't believe it was back this past summer, perhaps due to the fleet crunch brought on by the MAX. In fact, even MKE-LAX is occasionally dropping off the schedule, and that always used to be a year-round daily flight. The hope is that these flights come back more regularly once the fleet situation is more stable.
Is there a way to search when certain routes are available? That is, it is easy to search a date and look to see what's available, I'd like to search for any (and all dates) that show there is a non-stop route from YYY to ZZZ. Specifically, can I do a search for SFO-MKE once a month and see if anything shows up and then see the dates that it's available?

The reason I ask, is that you mentioned that MKE-SFO reappeared summer of 2018. I know seasoned flyertalk members know how to search for flights in ways that the average Joe or Jane doesn't. (e.g. knowing # of seats for all the different fare types on specific flights is magic to someone naive/ignorant like me.) So I'm wondering if you had a method for knowing that MKE-SFO was available summer 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.