Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA Credit Card Annual Fee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Always carry at least one Visa, one MC, and one Amex.

Eventually you will run into a vendor who only takes one.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Free agent
I ran into the fabled AMEX only vendor recently and was very happy that I took the offered advice years ago to maintain one of each.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
What FACT are you talking about?
and
What was a bad idea
and
What was rectified?

There are lots of things being discussed in this thread and which parts are you speaking to?
I was responding to the immediately preceding post. Sorry if that wasn't obvious.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
You might want to upgrade that puppy to the rr priority card where for a mere $80 more you get a $75 swa travel credit, 7,500 anniversary bonus points and 4 upgraded boarding statement credits per account anniversary.
The fee for the RR Priority card is $149.
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...hwest-priority
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Vitaforce
Interesting how now the discussion turns to me being dumb for paying an annual fee for 19 years, when a plethora of the previous posts were suggesting I didn't deserve one, and that Chase rarely waives the annual fee, etc.. I'm assuming that each of you have successfully, after a cogent explanation to the representative, had the fees waived for each year you have held the card, since you are suggesting that I have been taken advantage of financially by the credit card company. So on one hand, most of you believe that Chase should not waive an annual fee to a loyal customer, then on the other hand you suggest I am stupid for paying an annual fee for 19 years.
I, for one, don't understand why you keep harping on the front-line representative's inability to waive the annual fee. I, for one, have never heard of it being waived (I'm sure there may be some exceptions out there).

I pay the annual fees for (all Chase):
Sapphire Preferred -- Primary Auto Rental insurance worth (to me) far more that the $95 fee, with the points redemption bonus over and above the 1% as the proverbial whipped cream
IHG -- $49 to get a free room night and IHG bonus points.
Rapid Rewards Priority -- this year for the Companion Pass, but I'm all in with WN now, and since the bonuses of $75 credit + points pretty much wash out the fee, I'll continue to renew. I used to fly UA a lot, but never saw any value in getting their card to accumulate additional miles of dubious value.

Between Ms. Garkster and I, we far exceed your 20 years with Chase credit cards (not to mention the banking relationship), and I'd never dream of having them waive the fees which I agreed to. If it's so egregious, get another card with 1 or 1.5 or 2% cash back.

What's in your wallet? (That was rhetorical, and a joke, so no response is necessary.)

Last edited by garkster; Oct 23, 2019 at 8:01 pm Reason: Correct typo
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by garkster
The fee for the RR Priority card is $149.
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...hwest-priority
Sorry if my wording was confusing i stated $80 more but didnt state $80 more than the $69 op was currently paying.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I ran into the fabled AMEX only vendor recently and was very happy that I took the offered advice years ago to maintain one of each.
An amex only vendor, were they selling unicorns?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:32 pm

Wow, has this thread more than run its course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.