Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is this guy a WN employee or just a stock image model?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19

After seeing him umpteen times I've just been curious (he's the guy on the (A-List?) WiFi confirmation screen, BTW).
Attached Images  
tusphotog likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
After seeing him umpteen times I've just been curious (he's the guy on the (A-List?) WiFi confirmation screen, BTW).
He's definitely a player.

tusphotog likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:20 am

My guess would be that he's an actor/model who submitted his headshot to whatever advertising company Southwest uses. I'm a part-time actor. I get casting notices for TV/movies/commercials either directly by email or through my agent. If you meet the requirements, you submit your headshot. Most of the time, you never heard back.

Sometimes the descriptions are really vague: Seeking male airline passenger. Other times, they will be really specific. For example, here's a recent casting notice: African American men; age 40 to 60; no beards, mustache or clean-shaven only; height up to 6 feet; must fit waist 34-38, chest 40-46; must be okay with exterior/night shoots.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Ok, thanks. I'd just wondered if he were a WN employee/exec, as WN will do that sometimes. (That being said, please don't ruin it for me if "Nicole A." from the jetway posters isn't really an FA, as I've been looking for her to work some flight I've been on for years now ).
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:28 am

His facial expression looks like he just found out his connecting flight was cancelled. Or he REALLY wanted peanuts not pretzels.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:23 pm

Ok, thanks. I'd just wondered if he were a WN employee/exec, as WN will do that sometimes. (That being said, please don't ruin it for me if "Nicole A." from the jetway posters isn't really an FA, as I've been looking for her to work some flight I've been on for years now ).
I know for a fact that the SWA employees in their ads are SWA employees for real. But, F/A "Nicole A," may have quit years ago!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Employees who appear in uniform are usually all employees. Some folks are used more often than others depending on the current ad campaign. The passengers or extras are usually non employees and are paid actors/ actresses.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
At one of the MCO gates (I believe 124, not 100% sure), there is a jetway poster featuring a FA that is signed by the employee who appears in it. Can't remember if this is the "Nicole A." one or not. Thought it was kind of cool that the FA signed it while passing through working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.