Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

International boarding pass

So I checked in this morning for my flight, first leg from Memphis to Houston, second is Houston to Belize. When I booked the flight it showed the flight as having a connection, a month later they called and said they changed the time of the first flight. I look online and now it looks like two separate flights. Anyway, I checked in this morning 24 hours before and I only have a boarding number for the first flight. I called and they said I cant have a boarding number for the second since it was international, I havent heard that before. DO I need to check in 24 hours before the international leg as well?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by memphistiger02
So I checked in this morning for my flight, first leg from Memphis to Houston, second is Houston to Belize. When I booked the flight it showed the flight as having a connection, a month later they called and said they changed the time of the first flight. I look online and now it looks like two separate flights. Anyway, I checked in this morning 24 hours before and I only have a boarding number for the first flight. I called and they said I cant have a boarding number for the second since it was international, I havent heard that before. DO I need to check in 24 hours before the international leg as well?
The information from the phone rep does not seem correct. You should have received both boarding numbers at T-24 from the first flight, but not boarding passes. Did the reservation get broken into separate PNRs for each leg? That's all I can think of to justify what was said.

Your passport is scanned at the airport in order to print boarding passes. You can use either the kiosk laser reader or the ticket counter.
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thats what I thought as well. Maybe they broke it into 2 separate flights. I just hope Im not at the back of boarding now for the longer more important international flight.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Thats what I thought as well. Maybe they broke it into 2 separate flights. I just hope Im not at the back of boarding now for the longer more important international flight.
It's only two hours between HOU and BZE, and there's always buy A1-15 at the gate if things go sideways.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

SO i checked in for the second flight and got B30. How bad is that?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:48 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Not too bad. You'll be able to get any middle or window you want, probably won't get the exit rows though.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
SO i checked in for the second flight and got B30. How bad is that?
You might even still get an aisle. All depends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.