Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free changes for MAX8 flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 8:44 am

Approaching two years of bar-hopping opportunities now. Never imagined WN would leave this open for so long.
synergistic likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Approaching two years of bar-hopping opportunities now. Never imagined WN would leave this open for so long.
Is there a new window open?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by m907
Is there a new window open?
Check back closer to/on/after March 11th.

As of 930AM Herb Time 2-20-2021:
https://www.southwest.com/737-max/?clk=MAX_TA

Southwest’s goal is to provide transparency and flexibility to Customers when the 737 MAX 8 returns to service. Through May 31, 2021, Customers booked on a 737 MAX 8 may contact Southwest, within 3 days of the Customer’s original scheduled departure date, to request a change to a flight onboard our 737-700 or 737-800 aircraft, subject to seat availability. Southwest will not charge a fare difference for the requested flight change so long as the new itinerary also operates within 3 days of the original scheduled departure date and operates between the same origin and destination cities; otherwise, any applicable fare differences will be charged. Please be aware the flight a Customer changes to may, ultimately, depart on a 737 MAX 8, as aircraft type always remains subject to change per Southwest’s Contract of Carriage.

If a Customer chooses not to travel, they also may request a refund of refundable tickets back to the original form of payment. Nonrefundable tickets may be cancelled, and the funds will be converted to reusable travel funds for the originally ticketed Customer, in accordance with Southwest’s travel fund policies.

If you are a corporate Customer booking via SWABIZ.com or Southwest’s Partner Services (API/Direct Connect), please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA for changes. If you are booking through corporate Global Distribution System (GDS) channels, please contact your Company Travel Manager or your Travel Management Company.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
Check back closer to/on/after March 11th.

As of 930AM Herb Time 2-20-2021:
https://www.southwest.com/737-max/?clk=MAX_TA

Southwest’s goal is to provide transparency and flexibility to Customers when the 737 MAX 8 returns to service. Through May 31, 2021, Customers booked on a 737 MAX 8 may contact Southwest, within 3 days of the Customer’s original scheduled departure date, to request a change to a flight onboard our 737-700 or 737-800 aircraft, subject to seat availability. Southwest will not charge a fare difference for the requested flight change so long as the new itinerary also operates within 3 days of the original scheduled departure date and operates between the same origin and destination cities; otherwise, any applicable fare differences will be charged. Please be aware the flight a Customer changes to may, ultimately, depart on a 737 MAX 8, as aircraft type always remains subject to change per Southwest’s Contract of Carriage.

If a Customer chooses not to travel, they also may request a refund of refundable tickets back to the original form of payment. Nonrefundable tickets may be cancelled, and the funds will be converted to reusable travel funds for the originally ticketed Customer, in accordance with Southwest’s travel fund policies.

If you are a corporate Customer booking via SWABIZ.com or Southwest’s Partner Services (API/Direct Connect), please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA for changes. If you are booking through corporate Global Distribution System (GDS) channels, please contact your Company Travel Manager or your Travel Management Company.
Forgive me for being obtuse. You mean you expect a new change window to open on March 11th? Or you mean one is currently open for flights on March 11th?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by m907
Forgive me for being obtuse. You mean you expect a new change window to open on March 11th? Or you mean one is currently open for flights on March 11th?
Obtuseness certainly forgiven and apology totally not necessary; didn't intend to sound snarky

I posted how it is now (or how it was the morning of 2-20-2021). I always manually date the stuff I reference it here on FT, as those inside @swa HQ absolutely do NOT date stuff they post to their Customers. Just like any sort of upcoming weather-related "potential delays" and related posted on Southwest dot Com. By design, they do not date/time stamp when they post/update those announcements. Lawyers.

I'm just a longtime regular Customer, I have zero scoop other than certain longtime friends/contacts. My best guess (worth exactly what you paid for it) is that once the -MAX is back in-the-air, they'll likely accommodate per above referenced link. At least for awhile.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:03 am
Original Member

In speaking to a Southwest agent last night, the MAX8 will be placed into service starting today. You can check your flight if you are on a MAX8 flight.

How to look up your aircraft type for Southwest Airlines flights

If you are on a MAX8 flight and don't feel comfortable traveling on it, you can change your flight up to 3 day before departure (usually when WN finalize planes to be flown) and request a no cost change,
provided there is space up to 5/31/21.

He did seem to imply that you could call earlier but schedules can change as flights get nearer to departure. Hope this helps. Safe travels.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:58 am

At least 8 WN MAX's airborne as we speak: https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B38M

They went quiet and they went big with their MAX return-to-service.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 4:01 pm

Max8 safety concerns are non-existent with anyone I know.
NoStressHere and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:30 am

I flew on a WN MAX this weekend and was next to many others boarding and no one seems to care. In fact, I only heard people talking about how nice the airplane was lol.

Was such a great flight, quiet, smooth, and glad to have them back. Kudos to WN to a flawless roll out this busy spring break weekend!
lougord99, CA1900 and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
If I was at the gate and found that SWA had substituted a MAX at the last minute, I am not sure whether I would scrub my flight or reschedule, or just go ahead and fly. However, I have definitely checked all of my outstanding reservations and will proactively try to avoid MAX flights whenever possible. That may change after a few months or a year of the MAX being in the air again, but at this point I am still in avoidance mode.
ursine1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.