Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Restored! -- book WN w/ UR pts via Chase/Expedia phone call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restored! -- book WN w/ UR pts via Chase/Expedia phone call

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrkymark
Would everyone agree that booking WN with UR points over the phone will always be a better deal than transferring UR to RR?
Always? No.

I have used RR points at over 2 cents.

And if booking a trip for someone who rarely takes WN, the flexibility to cancel a RR reservation and have the points come back 100% and not be tied to a person is worth something.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mrkymark
Wonder what other folks think of this idea...

If I just make a high value dummy booking, say value of $600, then cancel it *after* 24hrs and get TTF, I could then just feed off of those TTF's to make future online bookings on the Southwest website without the need to call Chase UR at least for $600 worth of flights....
Assuming you are comfortable to be using them within the year, this would work. If I did it, I would probably even do a RT with a higher dollar amount. If you are with the reserve, you can spend $400 if UR points to get a $600 ticket.

Having to deal with phone agents is among my least favorite activities... LOL!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:08 pm

Surprising my other half with a ten flight route to ITO... What a lucky guy, lol.

I have a hard time getting a legitimate 1.5c out of chase on hotels, so I traded in quite a few points on an insanely high priced WGA fare. Immediately after it showed up in my account, I canceled the flight and asked for the funds to be held for future use. Worked like a charm - and even the phone call was relatively painless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.