Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Safety

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
All well and good, but I guess what I really wonder is if WN is heading for an Alaska 261 type situation: an entirely preventable accident that is the result of arrogance, hubris, and **really** unhappy mechanics....
I don't think you learned the lesson of AS 261. That was a failure of approved maintenance practices, not upset mechanics.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I don't think you learned the lesson of AS 261. That was a failure of approved maintenance practices, not upset mechanics.
Actually I’m quite familiar with 261. During that time frame morale among the mechanics was terrible. If you want to learn more google a guy named John Liotine.

I actually love the culture of Southwest. Just got a companion pass. But I am concerned about what I am hearing and seeing and sincerely wonder if others feel the same way. If there’s evidence I’m overreacting then I’d love to hear about that too.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
If there’s evidence I’m overreacting then I’d love to hear about that too.
I think the posts thus far in this thread provide that evidence.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Alaska 261 was a case where every executive working in their Seattle HQ should've been paraded out in handcuffs by federal agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.