Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest Status Match to A-List for other US Based FF Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime

Got an email this morning from Southwest that they are doing a status match for other US Carrier elite frequent flyers:

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapid...atch.html?int=
I don't fly Southwest more than 3-4 times a year, but I will sign up just because! The promo is good for 90 days of promotional status, and can be extended for an additional 12 months with 3 round-trip / 6 qualifying one-way flights done in the first 90 days of the promo.

Sent in my info this morning, so let's see how quick the turnaround on confirmation is!

Last edited by jtav559; Jan 29, 2019 at 7:48 am Reason: Foramtting
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You may wish to edit you post!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You may wish to edit you post!
Thx. The copypasta didnt want to work this morning. Edited with an uploaded image - should be working now!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by jtav559
The promo is good for 12 months of status, and can be extended for another 12 months with 3 round-trip / 6 qualifying one-way flights done in the first 90 days of the promo.
I think the status is good for only 90 days (not 12 months) unless you meet the flight qualification terms.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I think the status is good for only 90 days (not 12 months) unless you meet the flight qualification terms.
Yes, as said in this post. They give you the status for 90 days and it will be extended if you fly 3 RT or 6 segments within that time. This has been going on for sometime now. There is another thread about it here> New(er) limited promo? A-List/another airlines status

and another related one here > WN Challenge Match Restrictions
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Yes, as said in this post. They give you the status for 90 days and it will be extended if you fly 3 RT or 6 segments within that time. This has been going on for sometime now. There is another thread about it here> New(er) limited promo? A-List/another airlines status

yes, but, OP stated differently....as I quoted.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
yes, but, OP stated differently....as I quoted.
I was agreeing and quoting your post. LOL!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

Ahh the devil is in the details and fine print apparently! It read a bit differently to my eyes, but nevertheless - I'll take the promo.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtav559
Ahh the devil is in the details and fine print apparently! It read a bit differently to my eyes, but nevertheless - I'll take the promo.
Yes, I can see how someone could get confused. Step #3 in the posting is just clarifying what the original wording is talking about.

So, bottom line - if you do not fly 6 flights in the next 90days, it does not get extended. Or, if you fly ZERO flights in the next 90 days, you get nothing. LOL!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:57 am

I’m a United 1K who just took advantage of this since I fly for personal travel on Southwest a lot. Made sure to wait to request the match till I had three trips in the 90 day window, then once it was granted booked my flight. It is nice to have A-List and not need to pay for EB.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I’ve done this 2x in the past 3 years but made a fatal mistake on the first qualification. DO NOT book flights until after you register - you get no credit for anything purchased prior to that date.

I just received another offer (same as above) - wonder if if there is a limit on the # of challenges?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I’ve done this 2x in the past 3 years but made a fatal mistake on the first qualification. DO NOT book flights until after you register - you get no credit for anything purchased prior to that date.

I just received another offer (same as above) - wonder if if there is a limit on the # of challenges?

The limit is definitely greater than 1. My husband and I have also both done 2 in the last 2 years. But I don't know about your 3rd attempt! Let us know .
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo

Or just cancel and rebook - which is what we did. One flight went up $30, another dropped $25 or something like that.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, WN AL
Any data points on how long it took to get approved? Fine print says up to 12 business days, just wondering what is typical.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Applied 12/12.
Approval email reply 12/15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.