Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN GA mocks 5 y.o. girl’s name, posts photo of BP on Facebook

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN GA mocks 5 y.o. girl’s name, posts photo of BP on Facebook

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by ursine1
(But please don't "fix my post" ... /Rant)
Yeah, that's a thing I'll admit I do at times; sometimes I'll also edit-in-place quoted text that has apostrophe abuse, or other issues:

Originally Posted by ursine1
​​​​​​​I'd guess that there are far fewer Moon Units or Dweezils out there in the world than there are Abcdes.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Whether the mother named her Jane Smith or ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ you dont deserve to be mocked. When I first saw this article on CNN i thought it would just be here say but for the GA to actually take a picture of and then post this boarding pass is stupid and honestly WN is proud to have an employee "Show the LUV" who acts like that?

This GA is way beyond "retraining"
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I can see the GA laughing at the name (that's a natural human reaction that poor little Abcde will have to deal with her whole life) but mocking it out loud and posting it online are unprofessional and should have serious consequences. I wouldn't be surprised if the child starts using the name Abby by the time she is in junior high.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
The Kavanaugh hearings were about politicizing a Supreme Court nomination and the left using the meetoo movement for their own purposes. It has nothing to do with giving children stupid names.
No, the Kavanaugh freakout occurred because the Supreme Court (and the rest of the government) has grown to be WAY WAY more important in our everyday lives than it should be. And it gets worse all the time. And it never gets ratcheted back.

I’m sorry, the notion of establishing a Federal Bureau of What You Can Name Your Kid and funding it with a bunch more money we don’t have is asinine.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I’m sorry, the notion of establishing a Federal Bureau of What You Can Name Your Kid and funding it with a bunch more money we don’t have is asinine.
Many places around the world have restrictions on what you can name your child and it doesn't take a whole new department, just someone paying attention when birth certificates are registered. Here in Canada, the Quebec government can ask parents to choose a less controversial name if the chosen name might lead to the child being ridiculed or not taken seriously (https://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsul...ng-birth-child). I know that this goes against America's "live free or die" mentality, but I think the ABCDEs of the world might appreciate someone saving them from their parent's "creativity".
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:11 pm

Mexico bans names that are considered "derogatory, pejorative, discriminatory or lacking in meaning." The goal is to protect children from being bullied in the future.

We had a neighbor who named his daughters "Cookie" and "Cracker." The Crumb girls were pitied more than bullied.
kennycrudup and Juanefny like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The underreported part of the story is the girl's brother HIJAK. He wasn't even allowed to board. For compensation, SWA named 5 seats in each row after the girl-on every single plane. I think that's fair.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some countries that have the list of allowed names base it on religious names or names that have appeared in religious literature.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
For compensation, SWA named 5 seats in each row after the girl-on every single plane. I think that's fair.
POTW!!
Silver Fox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.