Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing flight with Early Bird

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Changing flight with Early Bird

I am not very experienced with Southwest, but if you book a flight and pay for Early bird, but then have to change your flights, how does it work. Do you get to keep the early bird on the new flight? Is the money refunded? Is the money non-refundable?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by jimbiggs
I am not very experienced with Southwest, but if you book a flight and pay for Early bird, but then have to change your flights, how does it work. Do you get to keep the early bird on the new flight? Is the money refunded? Is the money non-refundable?
As long as you don't cancel and just change your flight... it stays with your updated reservation. The exception I believe would be if you change your flight less than 25hrs before departure, then it doesn't carry over.

Update: here is Southwest's official policy:
If an EarlyBird Check-In Customer chooses to change a flight, will the EarlyBird Check-In options transfer to the new flight?It depends. EarlyBird Check-In is tied to the Customer’s reservation for which the EarlyBird Check-In purchase was made and will be transferred to the Customer’s new flight if he/she changes the flight at least 25 hours prior to the original flight’s scheduled departure time and so long as the change is to a flight that will depart in more than 25 hours. Since EarlyBird Check-In is associated with a reservation, any changes must be made within the same reservation record (same confirmation number) in which the Customer purchased EarlyBird Check-In.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.