Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase/SWA Business Credit Card Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Chase/SWA Business Credit Card Question

If a person owns a business (real LLC with its own EIN), applies for and gets a business credit card (based on that LLC's EIN and the owner's SSN), and receives the 60,000 point bonus, then, in less than 24 months, can an employee (with the owner's permission) of that LLC apply for a business credit card (LLC's EIN and employee's SSN), to the Employee's Rapid Rewards account, and also receive the 60,000 point bonus?

The rules state: This bonus offer is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
Source: https://creditcards.chase.com/small-...R8&SP4R=Y538C4

What is the definition of "you"? You the LLC (and only one bonus per LLC) or you the individual, where the owner and the employee are two separate people?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FCfree
If a person owns a business (real LLC with its own EIN), applies for and gets a business credit card (based on that LLC's EIN and the owner's SSN), and receives the 60,000 point bonus, then, in less than 24 months, can an employee (with the owner's permission) of that LLC apply for a business credit card (LLC's EIN and employee's SSN), to the Employee's Rapid Rewards account, and also receive the 60,000 point bonus?
Does the employee have an ownership interest in the LLC? If so, then that might be possible. Otherwise, I wouldn't think so. Perhaps others will have more insight.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:33 am

We are employees of a small company. Our owner allows us to use the company info to get business cards in our own name using the company tax id # (95-xxxxxxx). We have for several years.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
NO....i tried with my company for the other partner....only offered CC in joint company name and merge credit card accounts.

I am surprised a company owner would allow employees to open separate accts using the EIN without controlling interest....that just sounds like a liability nightmare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.