Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hey, WN Customer Service: It would be nice if you didn’t lie to us

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

So I had a fairly early flight EWR to MDW. Was alone, had a rental car to return, had multiple heavy bags to check.

Wanted to check curbside. Obviously.

Called WN and was very specifically told curbside checkin starts at 4 am during the week. Sounds about right.

Not so much. Actually opens at the totally absurd time of 10 am.

So I had to run around like a lunatic to get my bags checked inside and not get towed/ticketed.

Thanks, WN.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Yikes, that is absurd. FWIW, I went to drop off my MIL at 4 pm on a Thursday at ISP and the curbside checkin was shut down. Never saw that before in 20 years of flying out of there. Wonder if its a trend.

Last edited by joshua362; Oct 3, 2018 at 8:29 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Lie"? Any possible chance it was incompetence or an error?
camaross, BearX220 and argolfer like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
Yikes, that is absurd. FWIW, I went to drop off my MIL at 4 pm on a Thursday at ISP and the curbside checkin was shut down. Never saw that before in 20 years of flying out of there. Wonder if its a trend.
I'm surprised they would let you check your MIL through at curbside, but I suppose if she was properly tagged...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Originally Posted by smmrfld
I'm surprised they would let you check your MIL through at curbside, but I suppose if she was properly tagged...
And likely over the 50 pound weight limit, I would assume. Even at Southwest, there is a fee for that.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by FCfree
And likely over the 50 pound weight limit, I would assume. Even at Southwest, there is a fee for that.
WELL over the 50 pound limit, multiple times...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

So I had a fairly early flight EWR to MDW. Was alone, had a rental car to return, had multiple heavy bags to check.

Wanted to check curbside. Obviously.

Called WN and was very specifically told curbside checkin starts at 4 am during the week. Sounds about right.

Not so much. Actually opens at the totally absurd time of 10 am.

So I had to run around like a lunatic to get my bags checked inside and not get towed/ticketed.

Thanks, WN.
They didn't lie to us. The entire world wasn't in on your phone call.

They lied to you...or more likely, misinformed you. Regardless, you're not supposed to leave your car attended at any time for any reason. Newark doesn't take any excuses for anyone sitting in their car attended, much less leaving a car unattended (you walking to the curbside check-in is leaving the car unattended). If you had to run in and left your car unattended, you got real lucky if you didn't get ticketed or towed.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Often1
"Lie"? Any possible chance it was incompetence or an error?
This was Hanlon's Razor for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.