Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating on SW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Then fly AT or get another job.

Southwest has apparently decided this isn't their problem. I have no doubt that a group of reasonably talented software developers could figure it out if it was seen as a problem.

And yes, I can see very clearly exactly what you want to do.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
Then fly AT or get another job.

Southwest has apparently decided this isn't their problem. I have no doubt that a group of reasonably talented software developers could figure it out if it was seen as a problem.

And yes, I can see very clearly exactly what you want to do.
Um... I'm self-employed actually.

I was simply describing a problematic situation on Southwest.

Your responses made it seem like you were not really understanding what I was trying to say, but now I see that you were just being argumentative.

And, I'd suggest that perhaps you vastly overstate the talents of Southwest's software developers.

Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by justhere
Keep in mind that what a business pays for a BS fare isn't necessarily what you, as an individual, see as the BS fare on the flight. Depends what was negotiated.

The other couple of points that seem to get missed in this type of conversation is that if the flight is booked less than 7 days out WGA might not be available, and regardless of that, BS fares include the BS security line where available. While sometimes that doesn't mean much, I've seen a number of times where colleagues have booked WGA because they thought they were saving money, only to find a long regular line at security and almost miss their flight. Once they realize the value to them and the company of not having to be at the airport quite as early and/or the time they lose in the security line vs. catching up on some emails, etc while waiting for the flight, and/or the flexibility of the BS fare should they miss the flight, then the WGA savings over BS become significantly smaller, if not more expensive.
FWIW, I was forced to use Concur for a few years and a 5% discount was applied to all BS fares often making them a few dollars less than AT fares - all displayed on the screen in real time. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.