Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
OK, so they're more expensive at Christmas. I guess that's the specific dates and times you wanted. Were they cheaper the next day, or a different time? Southwest has never said they're going to be the cheapest all the time. So they're more expensive at Christmas. Were they cheaper at Thanksgiving and New Years?
I am very, very flexible on my Christmas plans. Anywhere warm in the US, Caribbean or Mexico. Flexible with the dates too. What I am not as flexible (since I am travelling with kids) is very early and very late itineraries, long connections or multiple connections. I was able to find a better deal with AA, and not use my CP with SW. Times were better. (plus Reserved seats in MCE) . Thanksgiving was expensive, and I got Delta basic economy. ( I know, I balanced the pros and cons). When you are buying 4 tickets, costs do add up quickly.

Some random weekend I am going to FLL with wife, and flights were more expensive with SW, but I was able to use CP, so overall cheaper than buying two tickets with legacy, but still SW more expensive.

SW has done an excellent job to breed loyalists! Reaping the benefits!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
4 award seats on an AA flight around Christmas?! Did you play the lottery today?
I know!. And booked with BA Avios! (Although on hold on BA call for about 55 minutes since website not working).
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
OK, so they're more expensive at Christmas. I guess that's the specific dates and times you wanted. Were they cheaper the next day, or a different time? Southwest has never said they're going to be the cheapest all the time. So they're more expensive at Christmas. Were they cheaper at Thanksgiving and New Years?
When did Southwest promise to be the cheapest at any time?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: LTP, PP

Our Purpose

To connect People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel.

https://www.southwest.com/html/about...ER-ABOUT-ABOUT

I guess it depends on one's definition of low cost and cheapest. Of course its just marketing puffery...
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshua362

Our Purpose

To connect People to what's important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel.

I guess it depends on one's definition of low cost and cheapest. Of course its just marketing puffery...
Even with higher fares they connect people with lower fares by driving them to Spirit.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by TomMM

Even with higher fares they connect people with lower fares by driving them to Spirit.
"Enjoy your $50 carry-on fees, no-pitch seats, 2.4" of leg room, and $2 cans of Coke!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.