Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Text Message Response from Customer Care

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Talking Text Message Response from Customer Care

Here was a first for me today... Southwest sent me a text message with a resolution to my inquiry! That was cool. No email response, just the text.

Short story: Purchased EarlyBird for both segments, ended up switching the return flight. Didn't get EarlyBird automatically on the return flight. So, I wrote in online and asked for refund (as I had made the flight change outside of 25 hours from original return flight, as stated in FAQ). The text message said, "We would like to inform you that your EarlyBird Check-in (booking reference: XXXXXX) has been refunded. For further information, please contact our service desk (1-800-I-FLY-SWA). Best regards." Came from a 410 area code...
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by mario02423
Here was a first for me today... Southwest sent me a text message with a resolution to my inquiry! That was cool. No email response, just the text.

Short story: Purchased EarlyBird for both segments, ended up switching the return flight. Didn't get EarlyBird automatically on the return flight. So, I wrote in online and asked for refund (as I had made the flight change outside of 25 hours from original return flight, as stated in FAQ). The text message said, "We would like to inform you that your EarlyBird Check-in (booking reference: XXXXXX) has been refunded. For further information, please contact our service desk (1-800-I-FLY-SWA). Best regards." Came from a 410 area code...
Wow.... color me impressed!

A/C 410 = BWI Metro, not that "that" means anything.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Got an email a few minutes ago with the same result (but more wordy, as one might expect). I wonder how they chose the number.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:17 pm

I got a text message from them a few months ago with a similar resolution to an ECBI refund request but they also called me and left a voicemail, I did not get an email My texts came from a 701 area code which appears to be North Dakota.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
FWIW, when I got cleared by a GA for a standby today I got a text from WN (the first from them specifically about clearing my SB).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.