Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest testing CP’s boarding together

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Sure, but non A-listers are boarding later so there won't be an extra person boarding early in the process.
I'm not sure what you mean. While they would be boarding later than A-Listers, if they bought EBCI, especially far in advance, they could still be "early" in the process.

To be clear, my point was that this isn't currently limited to just A-Listers, and that it might be problematic to do so.
nsx likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:48 pm

Why not just give the A-Lister A-16 and their companion A-17 (the next boarding position after the CP holder), and so on?
dlaue, Kevin AA and Marko123 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
They should just print “companion” on the BP instead of asking for the card. It could save time.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by elevatorgeek
They should just print “companion” on the BP instead of asking for the card. It could save time.
I'm betting the card is only needed during the pilot, before they have a systemic solution in place
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
I'm betting the card is only needed during the pilot, before they have a systemic solution in place
Given SWAs IT history that is awfully optimistic.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I'm betting that "looking at the card" will quickly be blown off by most of the GA's once work gets out that this is SOP.

Really sad that a simple programming enhancement isn't considered first. A couple of nested IF statements and call it a day.

They must have little confidence in the IT department and/or that little fixes will break something else down the line and go undetected.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
That's what I'm hoping for. I actually have my card as I just swapped a few weeks ago...but having to remember that card would be a hassle.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I think it's pretty much a done deal as long as the pilot doesn't crash (sorry).

Also, I'm quite sure they will have a boarding pass fix. Probably already have something in the works, but since this is only out of DAL for a couple of weeks they couldn't institute it on such a restrictive basis.

What I am worried about is that it could be part of an 'enhancement' package that could be coming for the new year.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:01 pm

It's out of Dallas and Denver.

I remain skeptical that there will be a tech implementation.

It is worth nothing that Southwest has been known in the past to implement a cost-neutral, easy-to-implement procedural benefit as an offset for a customer-negative change.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
This may be an offset to the elimination of Hotel transfers from earlier this year or something else is about to happen.

I would rather they put something on Companion BP vs Card. I assume reason for card is to keep a CP holder from inviting anyone they want to join them vs their companion. I fly tons on business with colleagues vs a much smaller number with my wife. Hopefully this will go full time in Dec. Glad to see SWA thinking of this - Anyone who flys enough to get CP knows how to save a seat and luggage space, so this really is just adds convenience to me with no change for everyone else.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
They must have little confidence in the IT department and/or that little fixes will break something else down the line and go undetected.
Then it's not a little fix.

Normally whenever a change is made, there are other changes that need to be made elsewhere in the script. Most people not actually working with that exact script will think everything should be simple. I'm sure the work involved in airline tickets is way more complicated than people realize.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Nah, that's what every IT department head wants you to believe while he screams for more money & resources at every opportunity. It's all about internal ROI. Its logic, ones & zeros at the end of the day. Should Gary Kelly want targeted advertisements to print out on boarding passes, it will happen in a week and work flawlessly...
steved5480 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
So... what happens when the CP holder isn't an A-lister but their companion is?
SCGustafson likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA 2P, National Car Exec, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
IMHO this new benefit should only be extended to those who earn the CP through spend, rather than by churning two credit cards every year, assuming the perk goes beyond pilot stage.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by barrypeters
imho this new benefit should only be extended to those who earn the cp through spend, rather than by churning two credit cards every year, assuming the perk goes beyond pilot stage.
#goodluckwiththat !
SCGustafson likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.