Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to SW: EBCI question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It is unlikely Southwest would use the same flight number but with a scheduled change of plane at STL, so yes, expect there to be some thru-passengers from MSP. MSP-STL-Orlando might see lots of thru-passengers. I'm guessing MSP-STL-LIT won't have too many.

If you're really worried about whether you're going to be 50th or 70th to board, Southwest isn't for you.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
Here' another question, will there already be people on the plane at boarding time tomorrow? Flight 3423 STL>LIT, but it shows the same flight # MSP>STL.
Any through passengers from MSP to LIT will already be on the plane. Knowledgeable through passengers will move to the better seats (i.e. exit row).

Last year, I was a through passenger on a PVD-MCO-PHX (yes it stopped at MCO) and moved to the exit row for MCO-PHX.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It is unlikely Southwest would use the same flight number but with a scheduled change of plane at STL, so yes, expect there to be some thru-passengers from MSP. MSP-STL-Orlando might see lots of thru-passengers. I'm guessing MSP-STL-LIT won't have too many.

If you're really worried about whether you're going to be 50th or 70th to board, Southwest isn't for you.
The only thing I'm worried about is getting stuck in a middle seat, but on a 1hr flight it's not a huge deal.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
The only thing I'm worried about is getting stuck in a middle seat, but on a 1hr flight it's not a huge deal.
With A-41, there is about .0000000000000001% chance of being stuck in a middle.

Or less
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:21 pm

I bet you are pleasantly surprised.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Those concerns are just hot air flapdoodle.
​​​No one gives boarding order a second thought.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by formeraa
Last year, I was a through passenger on a PVD-MCO-PHX (yes it stopped at MCO) and moved to the exit row for MCO-PHX.
Awwww, geeez, why'd you go and do that? Someone who boarded at MCO probably was mad to find you there in his favorite seat and then started a thread here about how EBCI (or BS) is a ripoff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.