Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mobile boarding passes now work on multi-passenger itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage

I checked in for my flight today and returned to the "Manage Trips" screen on my iPhone and noticed a "view boarding pass" option. Sure enough, the mobile boarding pass appeared. I am on the same confirmation number with 2 other people.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:48 am

Excellent development. So, how does it work? Is each passenger sent their own boarding pass?

It doesn't look like the website has been updated yet.

Are all passengers eligible to use a mobile boarding pass?
All passengers that are eligible to obtain a printed boarding pass should be able to utilize the mobile boarding pass option. However, passengers traveling on certain types of fares may not be eligible. Infants, unaccompanied minors, individuals traveling on Senior Fares that need to be age verified, nonrevenue passengers, those traveling on multi-passenger itineraries, and Military Fares are not eligible to receive a mobile boarding pass.
Old May 13, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ursine1
Excellent development. So, how does it work? Is each passenger sent their own boarding pass?

It doesn't look like the website has been updated yet.
I think it's just a quirk. I'm the only one out of the three of us who had the app. It just had the option to view the boarding pass and then I was able to both receive a text message and an email with a link to it. Nothing appeared on the website to send the text or email. It only worked on the app, not the website. I just received my boarding pass.

Edit: I should add that it didn't give me the option when I checked in, I just went back to the app later and "View boarding pass" showed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.