Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booted after given Standby seat

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
The way I see it is that you got $100 and ended up flying home on your originally scheduled flight.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
they're still standbys
I'm almost 100% sure, in this case, that this isn't true.

There was a brief period of time where the OP was *not* a standby on the earlier flight: he was reticketed on that (earlier) flight and removed from the later flight. The re-issuance of a C boarding pass on the later flight after the fact is pretty solid proof of this. A failed standby attempt wouldn't have removed the A20 BP.

It does not seem possible that a GA would send a passenger down the jetway without completing the flight-change action in the system. By the time he boarded and started looking for a seat, he was already removed from the later flight. He may have been browbeat into accepting the fact that he never cleared onto the first flight. WN gave him $100, which is probably a lot less than they'd have had to provide for an IDB.

That said, I can certainly understand a passenger not being aware of this. If this had happened on, say, AA, my app would clearly and instantly show the flight change and my new seat assignment. In that case, I'd know for sure that my ticket has been changed and, if a GA approached me onboard, I'd be able to ask "Are you seeking volunteers, or are you approaching only me for involuntary denied boarding?"
Old May 11, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: LTP, PP
This is my thought exactly. No wonder why they were so quick with the $100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.