Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally MDW Food Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
I found it amusing how every food place serves many of the same items. I decided to try a blueberry muffin... I saw the same selection (blueberry, banana nut, and chocolate chip) and about six or eight different food places.

All the restaurants are now serviced (and mostly staffed) by the same company. Which explains the identical items and universally poor customer service.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
New restaurants at the A terminal connector included Arami sushi, Reilly's Daughter, Nuts on Clark, Woodgrain pizza, and a walk up Bill Goat Tavern.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:31 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Been through MDW a couple times now since the food upgrades, and I have to say it's night and day to the food desert that MDW used to be. I've been particularly impressed with Arami in terminal A. Great salmon rice bowl, excellent sushi. Agree that service is slow overall though.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Any updates with the current situation? Are all restaurants open?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:26 pm

You can see the status of Midway food establishments here: https://www.flychicago.com/midway/ma...s/default.aspx
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Thank you, I'm using MDW for the first time in 20 years next month and as I diabetic I have to eat before I fly.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't fly Southwest much, so I will have the privilege (?) of changing planes at MDW for the first time next Tuesday. I plan on eating lunch there. Is the food still as awful as this thread makes it sound? What is the least bad option? My flight comes in 10:40 am and my connecting flight leaves at 1:05 pm, so I am thinking takeaway, not sit-down. I don't know yet whether the gates will be in A Concourse or B or both.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: WN A+,CP (ex-DL Platinum)
Billy Goat Tavern is fast and reasonably priced. In the A-Terminal next to the food court.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by amanuensis
I don't fly Southwest much, so I will have the privilege (?) of changing planes at MDW for the first time next Tuesday. I plan on eating lunch there. Is the food still as awful as this thread makes it sound? What is the least bad option? My flight comes in 10:40 am and my connecting flight leaves at 1:05 pm, so I am thinking takeaway, not sit-down. I don't know yet whether the gates will be in A Concourse or B or both.

Depends what kind of food you like. I think Billy Goat in A makes a pretty good burger. If you want pizza I'd go for Woodgrain instead of Homerun Inn because the latter, at least at the takeaway location, has premade pizzas.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
IF Harry Caray's is still around (I haven't been to MDW since 2015), they make a decent burger too, have a other options too, when I used to go solo it was cramped but got you in and out fairly quickly, especially at the bar, IF the wait line was minimal. Lots of ifs..
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:00 pm

If you have the time, the best options for dining in the area are found outside the airport. Giordano's and Lou Malnati's pizza locations are both fairly close if you have several hours to kill.
The food establishments in the terminal are a tribute to Chicago politics and not the city's culinary scene.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
You'd have plenty of time in a two hour window if you felt like sitting down instead of taking away - the airport is easy to transit through. That being said, my go-to is Billy Goat Tavern in A since it's fast and decently priced. Woodgrain Pizza right next door is also fairly good.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Billy Goat Tavern is in the running for their Italian Beef sandwich. Anyone have an opinion on the Porkchop BBQ place?
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by joshua362
IF Harry Caray's is still around (I haven't been to MDW since 2015), they make a decent burger too, have a other options too, when I used to go solo it was cramped but got you in and out fairly quickly, especially at the bar, IF the wait line was minimal. Lots of ifs..
I don't think there are any restaurants there today that were there in 2015. Certainly Harry Carray's is not.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by lougord99
I don't think there are any restaurants there today that were there in 2015. Certainly Harry Carray's is not.
The official Midway Airport website lists it as being by gate A-9. Is it gone now? I honestly can't remember.

I have a flight in five days so I will try to remember to look. Assuming of course my gate isn't B-26 or some such far away place LOL! They really need to put my name on that one since I seem to get it more often than not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.