Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

"We are unable to secure the price for the flight you selected."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We are unable to secure the price for the flight you selected."

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Understood. It would make sense that, on a booking issue, Reservations might be the first to know about the problem.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Non-update update: Still happening. Still annoying.

(3 points difference this time.)
Attached Images  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:29 am

Rebooking same flight

I have a trip over New Year's booked via points and today I noticed that the points went down on one of the legs. I tried to rebook and when I got to the final confirmation, I get an error message that they are unable to price the flight selected. I have tried it with my flight and my daughter's flight several times over the past hour with the same result. I guess I can call but just wondering if this new system is being buggy or if there has been a change about rebooking the same flight for a lower price. Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:07 am

I called. They fixed it and said I was not the first complaint today. Must be a system issue which seems to be happening often!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:34 am

We're you trying to change the original flight, or actually rebooking (cancelling original and then booking the flight again or vice versa)?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Poster

The new system is buggy.

"We are unable to secure the price for the flight you selected"
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
Happening today, January 3, 2018. Happy New Year to SWA IT folks. I tried to book several different tickets on points and got the following message: "We are unable to secure the price for the flight you selected." It then presented me with the same itinerary with a higher point total of maybe 25 or less points each one way. RNO-DEN for May, RNO-LAS and LAS-RNO for February. I tried all the other flights the same day and got the same "upsell." FTC should investigate this for bait and switch or, at the very least, SWA should issue drink vouchers as an apology. This is really crazy.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior707
FTC should investigate this for bait and switch or, at the very least, SWA should issue drink vouchers as an apology.
I got a good laugh out of this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.