Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Standby is free for ANY earlier flight starting March 8, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Standby is free for ANY earlier flight starting March 8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I A-List standby a lot, and almost always with a bag. 85% of the time I'll just bring it to the gate with me and gate-check it (it's fairly large and I don't feel like lugging it along more than necessary, even though it does/has fit in the overhead). But if I do have to check it (liquids, usually) I'll take it to the full-service counter, let them know I want to go standby, and they'll check it on the next (direct) flight to my destination (unless you're unlucky and get a CI agent that doesn't think they can do that, at which point you call for a Supe).
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Just to follow up - flying out of HOU this afternoon. Went to A-List full service rather than kiosk- agent tagged bag for earlier flight AND added me to standby list!

Now just crossing fingers I clear!

Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.