Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nationwide sale $49/99/129/149 book by Fri 6/5; Epic website meltdown, mostly fixed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nationwide sale $49/99/129/149 book by Fri 6/5; Epic website meltdown, mostly fixed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
What about (business) people needing to book travel for tomorrow at last minute AT/BS fares? This has got to be chasing people away...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Home page won't even come up now.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
Flight status not working now. I hope there is not chaos at LAX when we arrive for our flight this evening.
It's working on mobile site.

Message appearing on southwest.com:
Getting you to where you want to go matters to us.

However, portions of the Southwest Airlines website are experiencing technical difficulties and are currently unavailable. We are working to make it available again as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please try again later.

Southwest Airlines.
SYSTEM ALERT:Low fares are popular! Our sale is causing high demand right now so you may experience difficulty on Southwest.com. We’re working to fix the issue so please try back again soon!
Parts of mobile site starting to come back up, i.e. RR account showing upcoming flights. Also seems to be working on southwest.com.

Last edited by mke9499; Jun 3, 2015 at 6:29 pm
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No mobile for me!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:33 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Yuengling
7:42 eastern. Still down. I haven't been able to do my daily check of 8 itineraries to see if I can lower the redemption cost of any rewards travel. It's a bit OCD but not sure I will be able to sleep tonight.
You can reduce the time needed slightly by using a customized version of this URL:
Code:
https://www.southwest.com/flight/change-air-reservation.html?confNumber=ABC123&lastName=KELLY&firstName=GARY
However at the moment that only gets me the maintenance error screen.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I want to book two trips next week and the site is utterly... down. I just did one on Delta to protect at least a decent price there. I can wait a while on the other I guess. Pathetic.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I suspect WN will extend the sale due to all the issues.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:40 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by cova
Bet me?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:43 pm

It's not just the website. My wife followed the advice to call in to the 800 number, and got a message to wait for a "call-back" in 79 MINUTES. Wow. I don't expect her to get a seat, now. Vacation to her aunt's is probably quashed.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by cova
What good is a sale, if the seats are gone?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:55 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't think seats are gone given that few people are able to use the site. Even in past sales when everything went smoothly the fare buckets rarely emptied.

I just managed to make a change to a reservation (no funds added) and the availability for the new date in September was the same as what I saw yesterday.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I'm pretty easygoing and have been with WN long enough to expect these kinds of things. That being said, this is an epic meltdown that is currently costing them a couple G from me...times how many others...it's incredible

Someone wiser than me once posted here, paraphrasing, above all things make sure your website works correctly, as it's the WAY THAT YOUR CUSTOMERS PAY YOU MONEY
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
At this point they should just tell people to come back to their site next week once they have sorted things out. Telling people on twitter it will be up ASAP gets a little old once the 7th...8th...hour passes.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:11 pm

This sale is getting huge traction for some reason...I'm seeing friends talking about it on FB who I know don't know one thing about flights, deals, etc.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:15 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Odd to have such demand. These prices aren't any better than the last few sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.