Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which Lounge to access if flying Southwest from LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge to access if flying Southwest from LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
I did end up doing exactly this. I had something like 80 or 90 minutes at the airport. Went to the Maple leaf lounge -- had to check security twice, but that wasn't such a big deal. What was really disappointing was the lounge. It's huge, clean and quiet but very little food selection.
I saw there is a southwest shuttle bus from 1 to 2 (for international connections I believe). Anyone ever go into T2 then shuttle airside to T1? Would they allow that or is it just T1 to T2 and not the reverse?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:30 pm

Location: Inland Empire, semi-regularly going between LAX/ONT/SNA and IND/STL
Programs: Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by hiima
Lol very true. Might as well had to in n out and get a meal
In-n-Out is overrated. (ducks)

As a transplant to the Golden State, I don't get all the fuss about In-n-Out. I mean, it's not bad by any measure, but it's also not something to write home about.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by BerenErchamion
In-n-Out is overrated. (ducks)

As a transplant to the Golden State, I don't get all the fuss about In-n-Out. I mean, it's not bad by any measure, but it's also not something to write home about.
Still better than anything on offer in T1.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Isn't there a VX lounge in T3? I think I used it last year with my Priority Pass card. Nothing special but maybe okay to hang out there if your flight is delayed.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by moops380
I saw there is a southwest shuttle bus from 1 to 2 (for international connections I believe). Anyone ever go into T2 then shuttle airside to T1? Would they allow that or is it just T1 to T2 and not the reverse?
I think I saw a sign saying that you had to show your BP showing a flight in the other terminal in order to use the shuttle. Not sure if they are strict about that or not.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by nsx
If you are showing up early enough to have time for a lounge, you are doing it wrong. Just my opinion...
True for most airports, but at LAX traffic can be a +/- 1-2 hour variable depending on where you are coming from. Heck, take the wrong turn at the wrong time, and it can be almost an hour from the 405 into the terminals.

So LAX is one O/D airport where lounges even for WN could be a big plus.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite
So I'm flying into T2 from Hawaiian and have about a 5 hour layover until I fly out of T1 on Southwest.

I have Priority Pass. Could I visit all the PP Lounges in T2, T3, and T6 with my Southwest boarding pass? Also, Will security let me in if I'm not flying out of any of these terminals? I know some have mentioned they can get through security on this thread, but just wanted to make sure it's allowed.

I don't have to visit all these lounges, just wanted to know if it's an option.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
So LAX is one O/D airport where lounges even for WN could be a big plus.
or at least one of those independent lounges like "The Club at LAX".
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by jeffchao1986
So I'm flying into T2 from Hawaiian and have about a 5 hour layover until I fly out of T1 on Southwest.

I have Priority Pass. Could I visit all the PP Lounges in T2, T3, and T6 with my Southwest boarding pass? Also, Will security let me in if I'm not flying out of any of these terminals? I know some have mentioned they can get through security on this thread, but just wanted to make sure it's allowed.

I don't have to visit all these lounges, just wanted to know if it's an option.
It is an option. You can visit PP Lounges with a Southwest boarding pass.

Security will let you in. They may tell you that your in the wrong place but just explain you going to the lounge and they will let you through.

I think the Korean Air lounge is the best of the PP lounges at LAX. I recently visited the Virgin America lounge and was not impressed.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite
Originally Posted by goods312
I think the Korean Air lounge is the best of the PP lounges at LAX. I recently visited the Virgin America lounge and was not impressed.
Great thanks! That's good to know.

Will getting through security be more of a hassle or take a lot longer since the Korean Air lounge is in the international terminal? Or will it be similar to the domestic terminals?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by moops380
Following up on this. Is there a shuttle that will take me to T1 airside if I visit Maple Leaf Lounge? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.