Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding group changed after checkin?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Boarding group changed after checkin?

Good morning all. I only fly WN 2-3 times a year so I'm hoping to get some guidance if possible.

I am doing a same-day bwi-bdl-bwi turn today. I'm currently on board WN 1430, and later this afternoon im on WN 4987 back to bwi.

I checked in yesterday for both flights at T-24 and got A40 for this morning and A54 for this afternoon. Both fine.

I took a screenshot of both boarding passes (I do that on all flights, more so because of TSA pre than any other reason.)

When I pulled up my boarding pass this morning for my morning flight, I noticed my boarding group for my afternoon flight has been changed to C7. I still have the screen shot with A54 on it. Why would that have changed after I had checked in and printed my boarding pass? Will I have an issue if I try and board with A54 this afternoon?

I know it's just an hour flight, but I'd still prefer not to be stuck in a middle. Any advice? Thanks all.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
Two things you can do.

1) Call SWA at their customer service line and ask them what happened;

2) Get to BWI early enough and ask them to help you out if they can.

I have no explanation for what could have happened.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:38 am

I'd be a little careful at the gate, you don't want to be identified as a "trouble maker". If I couldn't get it straightened out over the phone or at the Ticket counter, I'd try to board at A-54.

This is one reason I like good old paper Boarding Passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.