Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Pass booking question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Companion Pass booking question

Hi guys,

I will most likely be receiving my companion pass status on 1/19 or 1/20 depending on the date my points are deposited from my Chase Credit card. However, there is a sale going on right now that I would like to take advantage of. The sale however, stops on 1/19.

Is there a way or trick that I can use to book these flights now and then have companion pass take the place as one of the fares? I will have the pass by the time the first trip comes up.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by dfitzpatrick
Hi guys,

I will most likely be receiving my companion pass status on 1/19 or 1/20 depending on the date my points are deposited from my Chase Credit card. However, there is a sale going on right now that I would like to take advantage of. The sale however, stops on 1/19.

Is there a way or trick that I can use to book these flights now and then have companion pass take the place as one of the fares? I will have the pass by the time the first trip comes up.
Buy your ticket on sale and add your companion with you get the pass. Or buy your companions ticket with points and cancel it and add them as a companion with you get the pass. That way, you aren't stuck with flight credit in their name, as you would be if you bought them a WGA ticket and canceled it later. If there is a seat to be sold, at any price, you can add a companion at that time.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Great!

Thanks for the update. I figured that companion needed to be in place when placing my initial purchase. I'm sure the flights will not sell out in a few days so I'll just point purchase mine and add them as companion as soon as it drops.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.