Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cardmember Double Points Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP

Another reason to always book everything as one-ways.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
I actually have a need to go to Denver in a couple weeks and the option of an intermediate stop in Milwaukee is there.. However...

You have to chuckle at the possibilities of combining a bunch of promotions, but the T&C's are pretty clear..

As such, flights into or out of Denver or Milwaukee as an intermediate stop and/or connection are not qualifying flights.
But, a one way flight in and a separate one way flight out are not intermediate stops or connections.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, USAir, Hawaiian, Southworst, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Man that sucks, I just cancelled my wife's southwest card and kept mine but she has the companion pass. Arg. I guess I will miss out on the free points.

BTW, you can go to http://www.southwest.com/rapidreward...ion?f=26pl5lnu to register for the promotion.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:08 pm
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Originally Posted by expert7700
The large print in the first paragraph reads: "...on flights booked through Southwest AirlinesŪ between July 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013."

The fine print says "Travel must be booked through Southwest Airlines between June 19, 2013 and August 31, 2013 with your Rapid Rewards Credit Card"

I guess at least the fine print (usually) prevails. A mis-posting which would be unfortunate. I can picture the conversation with customer service now: but you already got bonus points. NO, those were my A+ bonus points. But you already got another bonus points, NO, those were my MKE (to or from DEN) bonus points. But the offers can't be combined, NO, they always combine in the past.
Darn! I just canceled and rebooked DH's travel in July to meet the requirements, but maybe I should do it again after Jul 1st? It is a BS fare, so unless they are planning a big fare increase in July it shouldn't cost anymore.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:04 pm

I'm having pronoun confusion :-). I am signed up for this promotion, but I couldn't sign up DS#1 (I seem to be the only one in the family who got the offer)

I'm about to book three tix for a family trip, one for me, one for DS #1, and one for DS#2 (my companion pass kid).

If I pay for the tix with my SW Visa for me and DS#1, do his points get the double benefit because I am booking them on my SW account with my SW card?

THANKS in advance. I'll be reading and sending a mental thank you instead of taking up another post slot. Unless I have more questions.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SWcrester
If I pay for the tix with my SW Visa for me and DS#1, do his points get the double benefit because I am booking them on my SW account with my SW card?
Apparently not, by the terms.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
I swear to you, FT, that the really juicy promos show up exactly 1 week after I book my tickets.

This is the 3rd time this year I've been hosed by having travel pre-planned

Though it looks like one of my routes is exactly the same price, I am going to try "Changing" the reservation to exactly the same route and see if it works. Too bad the other flight for next week has nearly doubled in price since it was booked.

Last edited by mtftw; Jun 26, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mtftw
Though it looks like one of my routes is exactly the same price, I am going to try "Changing" the reservation to exactly the same route and see if it works. Too bad the other flight for next week has nearly doubled in price since it was booked.
from past experiences, this will NOT work. you must cancel and rebook. Anything short of this will not change the 'original date' that your PNR # was issued.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by expert7700
from past experiences, this will NOT work. you must cancel and rebook. Anything short of this will not change the 'original date' that your PNR # was issued.
Hmmm...but then wouldn't the new ticket be considered to be issued from travel funds and not a WN Visa?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP

With conflicting booking window dates between the wording in the promo versus the T&Cs, has anyone confirmed which date is correct? June 19 or July 1. I have a couple of July trips I need to book but want to make sure they will count for the promo. Ok to book now or do we need to wait until July 1 to book? Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by chuckworth
With conflicting booking window dates between the wording in the promo versus the T&Cs, has anyone confirmed which date is correct? June 19 or July 1. I have a couple of July trips I need to book but want to make sure they will count for the promo. Ok to book now or do we need to wait until July 1 to book? Thanks!
T&Cs per mailer received today:

Member must register for this promotion between June 19, 2013 and August 31, 2013, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations only. Travel must be booked on southwest.com, swabiz, or any Southwest Airlines distribution channel between June 19, 2013 and August 31, 2013. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Member will receive 12 Rapid Rewards bonus points per dollars spent on Business Select Fares, ten Rapid Rewards bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six Rapid Rewards bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away? Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards and points earned on your Rapid Rewards Credit Card. Bonus points will not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive Rapid Rewards Bonus Points within four days of completion of entire ticket. Bonus Points will be deposited directly into your Rapid Rewards account. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages, Jackpot Deals, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. Only flights booked through Southwest Airlines are eligible for this promotion. Chase Bank USA N.A. is not responsible for the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

Last edited by mke9499; Jun 27, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: SWA
try this link http://www.southwest.com/rapidreward...ion?f=26pl5lnu
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:46 am

I'm looking at stacking the CC bonus with the 2x tier and 2x points offer in/out of Denver and Milwaukee. If I understand how things work, I can purchase a BS flight from HOU-DEN and then a return flight DEN-HOU and receive the following:

Regular Miles
12 - base
12 - 2x bonus
12 - CC bonus

Tier qualifying points
12 - base
12 - 2x tier bonus

So I will effectively earn 36 miles per $1 spent on the fare. I will also earn 24 miles per $1 toward A status.

I've even figured out how to do HOU - DEN - MKE - DEN - HOU in one day.

There are other offers out there that offer 2x, but the T&C state they do not count toward the higher status. I'm new to this flying everywhere business. I've already earned the CP and I want to get to a better status. I am closer to an airport now and I have friends/family that live near SW hubs, so I am planning to do more flying in the next year.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:13 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Now the question is if the tickets need to be fully paid with the SWA card or if I can cancel existing bookings to TTFs and pay the remainder with the card.
I should have the answer to this about 24 hours from now, after my flight posts. I'm guessing it will work.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by nsx
I should have the answer to this about 24 hours from now, after my flight posts. I'm guessing it will work.
I got the bonus credit for today's flight paid 90% with TTF's and 10% with a RR Visa. I doubt it matters but I did change to an earlier flight at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.