Search

Cardmember Double Points Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+

Just saw this...

Edit: It appeared on my promo page, might be targeted.

Details
Earn double points this summer!
As a Rapid Rewards® Credit Cardmember, you can earn double points on flights booked through Southwest Airlines® between July 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013. Pay with your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Credit Card and watch your points soar!

With this promotion, you will receive 24 points (instead of the standard 12 points) per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 20 points (instead of ten points) per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and 12 points (instead of six points) per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares.
Here's how easy it is to take advantage of this promotion:
Register between June 19, 2013 and August 31, 2013.

Purchase your flights through Southwest® with your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card for travel between July 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013.

Earn double points on your flights!
Keep in mind that you also continue to earn 2 points per dollar spent on flights just by using your card.

Terms and Conditions:
Member must register for this promotion between June 19, 2013 and August 31, 2013, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations only. Travel must be booked through Southwest Airlines between June 19, 2013 and August 31, 2013 with your Rapid Rewards Credit Card. Travel must be completed between July 1, 2013 and August 31, 2013. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select Fares, ten bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points do not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations℠ Packages, Jackpot Deals®, reward travel, and flights booked through AirTran® Airways do not qualify for promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for this promotion. Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. (Promotion Number: 1-6COO2N)

Last edited by poser; Jun 18, 2013 at 3:32 pm
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
It hasn't shown up yet on my WN promo page.

But if I book BS DEN-MKE and pay with Chase, does that mean I get ... 48x points? 72x? 96x?

12 BS x (2x promo x 2x A+ x 2x Chase)

That may even make a RT worthwhile.

Last edited by Texas Booster; Jun 18, 2013 at 3:27 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:27 pm

No showing up for me either; may be targeted.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
OP - if you don't mind sharing (we're all friendly here, the stalkers are over in the other thread)....

Do you currently have A or A+ status and/or CP? Roughly how new are you to the Chase card?

Haven't seen it here either. Sure seems like it must be targeted.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Got it too.

It did not show under Rapid Rewards/Promotions on the min page. I had to go My Account/My Rapid Rewards/Promotions.

Now the question is if the tickets need to be fully paid with the SWA card or if I can cancel existing bookings to TTFs and pay the remainder with the card. It is a marginal offer if I can't churn.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres

Wow, they sure are giving out a lot of points this year. It's good for me, though, since I have a RR visa.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Texas Booster
I book BS DEN-MKE and pay with Chase, does that mean I get ... 48x points? 72x? 96x?
When figuring in multiple Southwest promos, never multiply. Think of each as "an extra 12, 10, or 6 points" based on your Tier rating (A+/A List, regular RR)

If a single promo has multiple cities listed (DEN/MKE, or select cities), the promo is only paid once once even if you fly to and from 2 cities listed.

So DEN-MKE, paid with Chase SW Visa, assuming you are A+, and were targeted for the Chase 2x promo and signed up (I wasn't targeted, boo!!)

12 base points (business select fare)
+12 A+ bonus points
+12 DEN/MKE bonus
+12 Chase Visa bonus
------
48 points per $ spent
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by steved5480
OP - if you don't mind sharing (we're all friendly here, the stalkers are over in the other thread)....

Do you currently have A or A+ status and/or CP? Roughly how new are you to the Chase card?

Haven't seen it here either. Sure seems like it must be targeted.
A-list: Earned by Flying(during the promo)
CP: Earned via CC
Chase card: Both personal and business plus cards for about 5 months.
RR Member: For about 2 years, I don't fly for work but due to personal/family reasons I fly 1-2 times a month with my CP holder.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:34 pm

Checked my promo page, saw this as well. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by steved5480
Hahahahahaha

Don't have it...

Last edited by joshua362; Jun 18, 2013 at 6:56 pm
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Hasn't shown up for me either.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by CavePearl
Be sure you clicked "show all" for the list of current promotions and look for "cardmember double points promotion." In my case, this was about 3/4 of the way down the list.

Even though it said you must register after June 19th, I clicked on "register now" and got the message "you are currently registered for this promotion."

Just to be sure, I will check again tomorrow.

Great! I have several July and August bookings to make.

As for targeting---I am A+ and CP holder.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by poser
A-list: Earned by Flying(during the promo)
CP: Earned via CC
Chase card: Both personal and business plus cards for about 5 months.
RR Member: For about 2 years, I don't fly for work but due to personal/family reasons I fly 1-2 times a month with my CP holder.
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Checked my promo page, saw this as well. Thanks for the heads up.
Originally Posted by joshua362
Hahahahahaha

Don't have it...
Originally Posted by CavePearl
No love for me on this one either.

I'm guessing it is because either:
  1. I have the Premier cards (instead of Plus cards, like the OP); and/or
  2. My cards are too old (over 1.5 years each) (versus less than 6 months for the OP).
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by FindAWay

2. My cards are too old (over 1.5 years each) (versus less than 6 months for the OP).
THAT is what I get for being a speed-skimmer rather than a thorough reader. Premier card here for 5+ years as well; presumably the type of card plus time the account has been active plus spending history(?) may be the trigger for the target.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by FindAWay

Same here. Nothing showing up on my promo page. I've had the premier card since it was first introduced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.