Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA's standing in exit row during boarding

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 7:08 am

Last month I flew SW with my 2 kids and we sat behind the exit row. There were 2 men in the exit aisle/window, and the flight attendant sat down in the middle seat and proceeded to chat with them through boarding. All the way through the last passenger - some 6' + tall guy who shoehorned himself into one of the very few remaining middle seats. Then she got up. I figured the guys were frequent travelers in that route and she was doing them a favor?
Old May 31, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ceres
And while I am asking annoying questions that I could not find the answer to after a quick search. Is there anyway to know how full a flight will be before I arrive at the airport? TIA
With other airlines, I have called and asked, and never had them not tell me. With WN, I always ask when I check my bag, and have never had them not tell me. While not completely accurate, I know if there are 15 seats still left, having an empty middle seat is likely, so I might go towards the back of the plane. If the plane is completely full, I take the very first seat I can.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by 35ftcabo
Last month I flew SW with my 2 kids and we sat behind the exit row. There were 2 men in the exit aisle/window, and the flight attendant sat down in the middle seat and proceeded to chat with them through boarding. All the way through the last passenger - some 6' + tall guy who shoehorned himself into one of the very few remaining middle seats. Then she got up. I figured the guys were frequent travelers in that route and she was doing them a favor?
No, although it may appear that way. The FA's need a place to stand until they can give the exit row speech and that middle is always the last to go and often overlooked: Often they chat up the pax and visa versa to pass the time. If you have to be stuck in the middle, that is the one to shoe horn into!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: SPG Platnium, SWA A+, CP
[And while I am asking annoying questions that I could not find the answer to after a quick search. Is there anyway to know how full a flight will be before I arrive at the airport?

TIA[/QUOTE]

I assume most flights to be booked, but if you are curious to know, you can try to fake book a ticket and see how many seats you can buy. Just don't check out.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by Toan
I assume most flights to be booked, but if you are curious to know, you can try to fake book a ticket and see how many seats you can buy. Just don't check out.
That is assuming you know how many they will overbook the flight.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:58 am
Suspended

Yep, just kindly ask them to move if they are in the way. I always try to snag the one with the missing seat in front of it and 7 times out of 10 I get it.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:56 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by 35ftcabo
I've seen that a couple of times when I was in the exit row. I think it was mostly a favor to us, but it was also convenient for the FA.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:24 pm
cxn

I always invite the FA to stay standing there when I would take my seat in the Exit Row. As stated before, most people won't bother if they see the FA standing there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.