Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferring Choice Hotel Point to my Wife's Southwest account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Choice Hotel Point to my Wife's Southwest account?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I want to transfer Choice points of person A to WN account of person B. A & B have different first and last names. Can anybody pls confirm if this will work? TIA!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:12 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by gv111
I want to transfer Choice points of person A to WN account of person B. A & B have different first and last names. Can anybody pls confirm if this will work? TIA!
I rate your chances below 20%. If you are willing to tolerate having the points go into your account instead after several weeks of limbo you might try your luck. I don't think you're at risk for losing the points entirely unless they expire on 12/31/13. If the points are expiring, you need to follow the rules precisely.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:22 pm

Probably not what you want but If your person A is Airtran Elite you can transfer the points to Southwest account A then to Airtran Account A then to Airtran account B then to Southwest account B.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Transferred Choice points from my acct to my wife's RR acct on Jan 1. Went through today as CPQP. Points transferred from her Choice acct posted too, as same.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:45 pm

Is the consensus here that the last names have to match? Trying to transfer points from my SOs account to mine, but they didn't take my name.

Maybe I could just change her account name if that would make the transfer complete more reliably?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Wyndham Dia, Southwest Companion Pass, Raddison Gold, Frontier 100K
My experience transferring my Choice to my spouse's WN account for the companion pass

I wanted to post that I had success transferring Choice Hotel points to my wife's Southwest rapid rewards account (same last name). They took about 8 days to transfer. I made the transfer on Choice on a Wed afternoon 2/18 and they posted to my WN account on Thursday 2/26 early AM. They immediately showed counting toward the companion pass.

Note also that I did have to add the leading zeros to the Rapid Rewards number to make it a 14 digit numberwhen I entered it on the Choice site. Southwest drops the leading zeros when they display the number.

Now I'm waiting for her Chase bonus points to post to complete the companion pass.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Note also that I did have to add the leading zeros to the Rapid Rewards number to make it a 14 digit number when I entered it on the Choice site.

I did a transfer last night and when I put in my SW RR#, as I used it [no leading zeros] when I clicked the order, it automatically added the zeros.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
any data points on how long this takes?

bought the daily getaway points and transferred them to SW for CP today
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Less than a week...
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:52 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by indual
I wanted to post that I had success transferring Choice Hotel points to my wife's Southwest rapid rewards account (same last name).
IIRC there have been reports that this works if you have not previously transferred from Choice to your own RR account and if all your future Choice to RR transfers also go to your wife's account. I think someone posted that Choice remembers the RR number you used last time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.