Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

How do you get points back on a missed flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl

Missed it this morning. Anyway to do it on the internet? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Assuming you booked a trip using RR2.0 points and subsequently no-showed the flight, the points will drop back into your account automatically once that flight (and all subsequent legs) closes-out and/or over the next midnight. YMMV a tad +/-, but there's nothing for you to "do" on line.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steved5480
Assuming you booked a trip using RR2.0 points and subsequently no-showed the flight, the points will drop back into your account automatically once that flight (and all subsequent legs) closes-out and/or over the next midnight. YMMV a tad +/-, but there's nothing for you to "do" on line.
Thank you! It worked. Should I do anything to refund the taxes?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:22 pm

what happens when you no-show a flight you booked through a credit card? Do you get TTF in the amount of the fare paid?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by skip87
what happens when you no-show a flight you booked through a credit card? Do you get TTF in the amount of the fare paid?
Yes. This happened to me last week since WN's website couldn't be bothered to work long enough over a period of 5 hours for me to cancel a reservation.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by al613
Thank you! It worked. Should I do anything to refund the taxes?
Any idea reg. taxes?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:51 pm

If it doesn't go back on your card, use conf. # for a credit towards next flight.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JSteele
If it doesn't go back on your card, use conf. # for a credit towards next flight.
I tried to do it booking another ticket and it could find it. What happens usually?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.