Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott to Southwest points transfer - how long?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US

How long does it take for miles to post for Marriott Rewards points to Southwest points transfer? Is it instant? A few days? A few weeks? I was looking at the Marriott website, and it says it takes 4 to 6 weeks. Is it really that long?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I redeemed a Travel Package in June for 120K Marriott points to 120K WN RR points. I made the request on a Monday. The points were in my account on Wednesday.

Not sure how long it takes for points from a regular stay to post though.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I redeemed a Travel Package in June for 120K Marriott points to 120K WN RR points.
I think you might want to check those numbers.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Why?

In the travel package the exchange is 1 MR point for 1 Airline point/mile. Of course you must also redeem for a hotel category award with it, so the actual points redeemed is significantly more and depends on the category level chosen...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by indyscott
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I redeemed a Travel Package in June for 120K Marriott points to 120K WN RR points.
Why?

In the travel package the exchange is 1 MR point for 1 Airline point/mile. Of course you must also redeem for a hotel category award with it, so the actual points redeemed is significantly more and depends on the category level chosen...
[emphasis mine] I believe you've pointed out why - someone might read your first post and take it at face value since you omit that one actually needs a minimum of 270k Marriott Rewards points to redeem for a travel package. Yes, you get 120k WN RR points and a 7-night hotel redemption; but, one needs at least 270k Marriott Rewards points first.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by FindAWay
[emphasis mine] I believe you've pointed out why - someone might read your first post and take it at face value since you omit that one actually needs a minimum of 270k Marriott Rewards points to redeem for a travel package. Yes, you get 120k WN RR points and a 7-night hotel redemption; but, one needs at least 270k Marriott Rewards points first.
You are probably right, but just to clarify, the first post wasn't mine; I was just agreeing with the info...

Also, in my first post I neglected to answer the OP! In my experience (3x over the past 3-4 years), the transfer happens in a matter of days. IIRC it has been 2-3 business days for me each time.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Thanks. That's good to know it takes only 2-3 days for the transfer. I am getting close to the companion pass requirements and will need the Marriott transfer to reach it.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
When I transferred from Marriott to WN for my CP, it took 3 full business days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.