Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unite the couple success, but they weren't a couple!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

Last week I flew standby, so I had to check my bag at the door and I was expecting a middle seat. Seeing an aisle and window passenger chatting, I chose that row. The aisle passenger moved over, so I thought that I had united the couple. But no! Several minutes later one of them introduced himself to the other.

This was a first for me: uniting a non-couple. Has this happened to anyone else here?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
Last week I flew standby, so I had to check my bag at the door and I was expecting a middle seat. Seeing an aisle and window passenger chatting, I chose that row. The aisle passenger moved over, so I thought that I had united the couple. But no! Several minutes later one of them introduced himself to the other.

This was a first for me: uniting a non-couple. Has this happened to anyone else here?
Maybe they were about to be a couple.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Happened to me a few weeks back ELP-HOU. Bunch of delayed flights so I ended up standby on a different flight, lost my A18 for a C32. Anyway, as I was walking down the aisle saw a man and a woman of the same race (I only mention it because it made it seem they were a couple) chatting from window and aisle. I asked if the middle was open and the gentlemn moves from the aisle to the middle. Turns out they were co-workers for some pyramid scheme type business that he tried to get me to sign up for. Kept asking if I like my job and would I like to have unlimited earning potential. Good thing for the severe turbulence, since he finally stopped bugging me to calm his companion.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx

No, but I did "cause a couple" once.

It was a long flight from BNA to somewhere, back when I was trying to get rid of a huge stack of expiring drink coupons and before CP COS. Attractive college age young lady took the aisle. College guy (smart) took middle. I bought them both drinks, twice. They talked the whole time and left together. Oh, to be young and before commitment again......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.