Rapid Rewards points value

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 6:32 pm

2 threads down, homie

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...nts-value.html
Old May 3, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by holocker
I was wondering what the value of Rapid Rewards Points are currently when used for Wanna Get Away fares. The difference in fare from anytime to Business Select is $16. There is also the 2000 point promotion for business select fares. So is about 2500 points worth an extra $16.00.
60 points are worth $1 in Wanna Get Away fares. So 2500 points is worth $41.67 of futures Wanna Get Away travel. Currently, because you can convert 19,200 points into capacity-controlled awards via AirTran credits, the potential value of these points can increase if you're looking to redeem for flights worth more than $320 (19,200 / 60 = $320)
Old May 4, 2012, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travel22
How often do they have that promotion on Daily Getaway?
The last one was a year ago, and the previous a year before that.

Extrapolate from that as you wish. The point is, it's not that often, and they sell out in minutes, so it's not something that's anyhwere as easy to use as an official "buy points" site (that other airlnes have).
Old May 4, 2012, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nsx
b) I can use 19200 points to create a capacity-controlled award for last-minute travel that would otherwise cost more than $200 each way.
Only once in a lifetime, though, right?

(I already did this last month, when did indeed need a last-minute personal trip, and now it no longer shows the ability to do that in my account.)

Plus, only if you left 0.25 to 15.75 credits in your account as of March 1, 2011, right? Ie, I understood it to be a top-off option only. In which case, it's less than 19200 points (in terms of points earned or transferred in or thus indirectly bought) you're actualy using, because some of it is (has to be) leftover credits!
Old May 4, 2012, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lougord99
You must have had 2 browser windows open at once. I didn't think of that and could only get 1.
No, there was a pulldown on the left where you could select 1 or 2 packages of the specific offer to buy. I got them on the second try for some reason.

I did have 3 windows open though, one for each Choice promo. Switched a few times after I got the first purchase in.

Kept trying until all came up "sold out" because I got a Wyndham package last week 15 minutes into the process. Someone must have had a credit card rejected or otherwise timed-out and the package was released for sale again.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Oh well, - I didn't see that option to purchase 2.

I just need to decide what I am going to do with the points. Most of my travel is business and using points for business travel looses the tax deductible aspects. They may become WN points, which I use to fly my kids into town.

Last edited by lougord99; May 4, 2012 at 7:23 am
Old May 4, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Only once in a lifetime, though, right
Well, yes and no. If you play the Airtran game, you can seed quite a few more.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...s-merging.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.