Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN Adding 4 Seats to the -300 and -700?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
I often buy BS fares, and have a big problem with this regardless of which seat manufacturer they use. It's bad enough dealing with the exit row lottery vs. the thru pax, and if the 12F extra legroom goes, and the rest of the plane loses an inch here and there, BS will no longer be enough value for any ticket purchased more than 24-48 hours ahead of time. And even then, there are alternatives.

I like RR 2.0, I've paid over $400 to fly from IAD to DEN on this airline, and happily done so vs. sitting in an AA MD-80's last row middle seat. That said, most of my WN travel will drop to WGA if it gets even harder to get extra legroom seats.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred
Thumbs down WN adding another row on 737-700 series

I heard through the rumor mill that WN is going to shorten the legroom in exit row 11 and add an additional row on 737-700 aircraft.

If so, this sucks. I also hope that the initiative to put WiFi on all 737-700 series takes precedence over this purely revenue-based decision.

The reasons for flying Business Select for optimal seating are almost nil.

Jack
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
If this is indeed true, it's just something else WN is taking away from their pax. I left WN over RR 2.0 so I don't really care what they do.

I'd be curious to know the actual number of people who have fully or partially defected.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Michael El
If this is indeed true, it's just something else WN is taking away from their pax. I left WN over RR 2.0 so I don't really care what they do.

I'd be curious to know the actual number of people who have fully or partially defected.
I stopped flying WN on revenue flights totally as well. WN had done a couple things that had p**sed me off recently including not accepitng drink coupons they sold and marketed as having no expiration date, they AWFUL way they handle irrops, being worse with delayed flights (on the flights I fly with them anyway), eliminating the late dtw/mdw, etc, and was giving them less business. What made me stop using them on paid flights altogther was RR 2.0. Not only is the program AWFUL for someone like me, I didn't like how they rolled it out with almost no notice. They should have given at least six months (and twelve would have been truly fair) notice. And they should have introduced it towards the end of last year instead of waiting until February so passengers could have started out the new year accruing miles with a lecagy if their programs would have better served them (although I think WN realized this in the timing and that is why they released the details when they did).

If it's just the leg room in Row 11 being reduced, I don't think they will lose any passengers over it. I agree it is something else WN is taking away from their passengers, but seeing you aren't guarantee row 11 anyway......
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
Originally Posted by 1jabber
I heard through the rumor mill that WN is going to shorten the legroom in exit row 11 and add an additional row on 737-700 aircraft.
The exit rows have more room to make it easier to get off the plane. Are they even allowed to make it narrower than it already is?

Even if they shave a couple inches where are they going to magically come up with all the other room for an entire row? They'd have to take an inch from every room on the plane seems like.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jimmy28
They'd have to take an inch from every room on the plane seems like.
Ding! Ding! Ding! (Pun intended.)

There certainly are operators of 737-700s in single-class configs with more than the current (assuming seatGuru's 137 is correct) 137 per aircraft. 30 inch pitch throughout the aircraft is not going to be welcomed - although it will be familiar to those who know AirTran 717s.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
The rest of the story is that they intend to do this by using "slim" seats that have thinner backs thus preserving the legroom between seats.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Wasn't this discussed before? I thought they were going to align the rows and get rid of the "luv seats" to make 11 D/E/F a full row.

I was told by a FA that the -800s will have mini carts.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There certainly are operators of 737-700s in single-class configs with more than the current (assuming seatGuru's 137 is correct) 137 per aircraft.
Seatguru is correct. There are 137 on the -700s and -300s. The 500s seat 122.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.