Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated post-transition orphaned credits thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated post-transition orphaned credits thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by STS-134
Anyone know whether using SAs (not FAs) will get easier as time goes on? For example, by the end of 2013/beginning of 2014, is WN planning to reduce the amount of award inventory to compensate for the fewer SAs in existence, or will they keep the inventory the same therefore making it easier to book just because not as many other people are booking with SAs? I think the last possible date someone could still hold a valid SA is February 28, 2014 (because the last possible credits could be earned on February 28, 2011 and converted to a SA on February 28, 2013).

I have 0.5 credit that expires on 6/12/2012, but the next 1.0 credit doesn't expire until 12/26/2012, and the next 2.0 credits don't expire until 1/2/2013. So I'm thinking of just letting that 0.5 credit go, if that gives me an extra 6 months of easier booking.
No one outside of WN knows this, I am pretty sure.

In your case it's wise to let the .5 credit expire. .5 credit is 600 points, worth $10. The extra 4 months are worth it.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Aug 23, 2011 at 8:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.