Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
I will test the water here tomorrow, as I fly from BWI to MSY for Mardi Gras!!! I have not received anything in the mail from WN as far as coupons go, however did see my status at A-List Preferred on their website. I followed the link in this post and found the free drinks at the bottom of the page. Maybe as easy as showing your boarding pass that says A-List Preferred? Will report back. Although I am sure that someone will have the answer here that it flying today. It would be nice not to have to carry the silly coupons though. If it is the case, then I'll have a ton to sell on ebay as well...

On the other hand, as good as it sounds, the real value is greatly diluted as I can imagine that a great deal of the highest volume traveler's, like myself, usually have to jump in a rental car and really can't partake in more than one cocktail on the flight. Makes it more gimmick than value...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
It's dead, Jim.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List
Wow, that was mean! They dangled those free drinks in front of you guys like a carrot. Now *POOF*....they are gone. Even my husband thought that was pretty cool, though he is only regular A-List.

Last edited by drooley; Mar 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I need a drink... and I don't drink!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
the post Kenny linked was not the exact same screen shot that I took yesterday, so I still had hope. I logged in again, and he's right Poof, free drinks are gone. Apparently the IT people drank all of our free liquor.

\

I tested this on both my account which is already past the 25 year to date for a list requalification, and also on a 2nd account which is slightly below that mark, just in case the screen was different. unfortunately, nope.

I'll bet the free drinks were a proposed item that got cut. I remember seeing a RR benefit survey asking if I'd rate the order of preferences: priority standby, free, wifi, free drinks, etc.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Club, Southwest CP
Removed without any acknowledgement. Poor PR (yet again).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Originally Posted by Winecaptain
I will test the water here tomorrow, as I fly from BWI to MSY for Mardi Gras!!! I have not received anything in the mail from WN as far as coupons go, however did see my status at A-List Preferred on their website. I followed the link in this post and found the free drinks at the bottom of the page. Maybe as easy as showing your boarding pass that says A-List Preferred? Will report back. Although I am sure that someone will have the answer here that it flying today. It would be nice not to have to carry the silly coupons though. If it is the case, then I'll have a ton to sell on ebay as well...

On the other hand, as good as it sounds, the real value is greatly diluted as I can imagine that a great deal of the highest volume traveler's, like myself, usually have to jump in a rental car and really can't partake in more than one cocktail on the flight. Makes it more gimmick than value...
. td:
I checked and its gone on my account too and it dosnt print preferred on the boarding pass (yet)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Bigez747
. td:
I checked and its gone on my account too and it dosnt print preferred on the boarding pass (yet)
It's gone from my account as well. I'd settle for one free drink, kind of like Alaska's "first one on us" when you're in Y and a gold.

As for preferred: it prints on the BPs you get at the airport. "A List Preferred" was on mine this morning in AUS. I almost pulled a DYKWIA in line. Yesterday morning (3/1) my BPs from TUS didn't have it, though (not surprising given yesterday's mess).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Winecaptain

When I get upgraded on Delta, I have seen a lot of people drink a lot more than one drink
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:10 pm

Still only "A-List" printed on boarding passes 3/1 LAS-CLE and 3/2 CLE-BWI, BWI-PVD. I was wondering if the BP's would indicate this distinction.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Originally Posted by tusphotog
It's gone from my account as well. I'd settle for one free drink, kind of like Alaska's "first one on us" when you're in Y and a gold.

As for preferred: it prints on the BPs you get at the airport. "A List Preferred" was on mine this morning in AUS. I almost pulled a DYKWIA in line. Yesterday morning (3/1) my BPs from TUS didn't have it, though (not surprising given yesterday's mess).
Wasnt on mine from ELP this afternoon
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:27 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Nor on the one I printed this evening.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by expert7700
Apparently the IT people drank all of our free liquor.
No, the CS&S employees used the liquor to douse the effigies of the IT people they set ablaze.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by nsx
Nor on the one I printed this evening.
Is it possible your BPs were issued before the glitches were fixed?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
Someone from WN customer service needs to step up here... Not that the free drinks are that important, but the fact that they posted it and took it away is REALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! I am sure that the original screens were read and proof-read several times. If it was not to be a benefit for their busiest travelers, then someone should have taken care of it before the "go-live" date. I think that they owe us an explanation and a bunch of free drink coupons at a minimum. I am writing to WN (email) to complain and who knows, they might actually respond back... Like several others on this forum, maybe I'll look to move business elsewhere. Maybe with the new status of A-List Preferred, I can get a status match to someone else... The bottom line is that this really does not set well with me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.