Is it worth joining RR?

Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is it worth joining RR?

I find myself flying WN SNA/SJC and back 3 or 4 times a year. Is it worth joining RR for so little flying?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Yes, as starting March 1 points never expire as long as you do any "earning activity" every 24 months. Suddenly, it's a no-brainer to join, even for an infrequent WN flier. Just casually accumulate points for a future redemption.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:43 pm

Joining now (before RR 2.0 on 3/1) may offer you some flexibility. If you mange to have some credit (even car rental, hotel, etc.) before the rollover then you will have a one time option to convert points (1200 pts/credit) to get to 16 credits and receive a standard award. The nuances of whether to buy up for a standard award or simply apply those points directly to free travel would depend on many factors but it may be nice to have that option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.