FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Triple Credit and RR Enrollment Bonus - Must Register and Book Today (December 1) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1154847-triple-credit-rr-enrollment-bonus-must-register-book-today-december-1-a.html)

Allan38103 Dec 14, 2010 10:39 am

Good point. The text is ambiguous because they wanted it to be that way.

ArizonaFlyer Dec 14, 2010 12:05 pm

So, I asked why I didn’t receive credit and this is what I got:

Dear Christopher,
Thank you for contacting us. We are forwarding your e-mail to our Customer Relations Department for further review. You should expect a response to your concern within 30 days, and we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. We certainly appreciate your patience.
Sincerely,
Constance, Southwest Airlines

30-days, really? REALLY???

tusphotog Dec 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Maybe my luck is good, but on 3 of my trips last week, I pulled in 3 credits each with no problems. Changing one ticket did result in one credit and not 3. I was hopeful that just changing cities/times and not the outright cancellation of a ticket would work. Oh well. Probably for the better since I've almost renewed my CP which expires on 9/30/11.

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 15440460)
Any tips on how to convince them that I know what I'm talking about, when I never received any confirmation emails (like AA sends) etc, and basically have no proof that I even registered?

I took a screenshot of my registration just to prevent this. Any chance you could go back through your browser's history and see if you have the registration page?

nsx Dec 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 15446973)
If you read WN's policies you will often find use of the word "may" where it should not be. I've posted on this.

They are either trying to keep wiggle room so they can flexibly do what they want or they have a semi-competent lawyer on staff who writes this stuff.

No. They write it this way because they can't predict how their software will work any better than we can. :p

sanFF Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Not a problem

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 15449227)
Maybe my luck is good, but on 3 of my trips last week, I pulled in 3 credits each with no problems. Changing one ticket did result in one credit and not 3. I was hopeful that just changing cities/times and not the outright cancellation of a ticket would work. Oh well. Probably for the better since I've almost renewed my CP which expires on 9/30/11.

I took a screenshot of my registration just to prevent this. Any chance you could go back through your browser's history and see if you have the registration page?

I had this happen also. When one flight was delayed they changed the flight at the podium (same Confirmation no) to an earlier flight that was not delayed. When I got home I noticed one credit. Called CS in Dallas and it was instantly credited with the two credits. Just give them a call:)

tusphotog Dec 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by sanFF (Post 15449627)
I had this happen also. When one flight was delayed they changed the flight at the podium (same Confirmation no) to an earlier flight that was not delayed. When I got home I noticed one credit. Called CS in Dallas and it was instantly credited with the two credits. Just give them a call:)

Do you think this will this work even if I initiated the change myself and it wasn't a WN issue?

Allan38103 Dec 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 15449301)
No. They write it this way because they can't predict how their software will work any better than we can. :p

Makes sense to me. If the software spits out an unanticipated response, someone can go in and override it.

Edit to add: If that's why the T&C's are written that way, I withdraw my previous comment about SW handling it poorly.

FlyerX Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm

So, (in case anyone cares) I took the advice of FTers and made another call. I explained that the reason my outbound flight was changed by a SW gate agent was because of a 2+ hour delay that was the fault of SW (ie not weather or something) and was granted standby accordingly. After some holding, the CS rep gave me back the credits because she was able to pull up confirmation that I did indeed register for the promotion prior to purchasing my flight and that in fact that flight was delayed as I had claimed. :D

Allan38103,
Intuitively I'd think that since you made the change on the same day while the promotion was still under way, you'd be still be eligible for the 3x credits. I guess their system is extremely sensitive because it seems that if you alter your flights booked on 12/1 in any way, you will forfeit your 3x credits.

Allan38103 Dec 14, 2010 10:18 pm

It was actually 4x credits because they denied extra 2 credits for the segment I changed, plus denied 2 credits for the segment I didn't change.

But I did get the two base credits. (1/16 of a Freedom Award)

Allan38103 Jan 5, 2011 7:39 pm

Good News from Southwest

SW replied to my inquiry and adjusted my account to add 4 credits, 2 each on the outbound and return. I believe that was in keeping with the spirit and intent of the program.

I sent my request in via fax and by email. They responded within about three weeks. I'm satisfied with how they handled it.