FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Triple Credit and RR Enrollment Bonus - Must Register and Book Today (December 1) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1154847-triple-credit-rr-enrollment-bonus-must-register-book-today-december-1-a.html)

FlyerX Dec 1, 2010 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by no0neelse (Post 15360641)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the RT involves a connection each way, wouldn't that give the 12 credits?

Only if the flight is separate bookings. A connection within an A-B won't split the trip into two legs.

Example:
SFO-LAS-MDW = 1 flight = 3 credits with the promo
SFO-LAS + LAS-MDW = 2 flights = 6 credits with the promo

In the second example, you would have to reserve two separate flights even if it's the same path.

Dan Burgess Dec 1, 2010 2:16 pm

I have a trip to Denver booked Dec 10-12. At 2:50pm CT I logged into my Southwest account, looked at fares, and $69 each way were available for Dec 11-13. My plans are flexible enough, so I decided to re-book to save about $75 roundtrip.

I went to the facebook page, clicked on Register Now, registered, then went to change the flights. At 3:06pm CT the fares were $163 each way!

What gives?

I wish I had a screen capture of the $69 fares. I am not hallucinating today.

boeing727 Dec 1, 2010 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by no0neelse (Post 15360641)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the RT involves a connection each way, wouldn't that give the 12 credits?

If you flight includes a change in planes from point A to point B, that earns 3 RR credits. You don't earn credit for every segment of the flight, but rather the credit for getting you from point A to point B regardless of how many flights you take.

One roundtrip that is made of of 2 flights each way, or four segments, earns you 6 total credits (e credits each way with the 3X bonus). The only way to earn 12 credits would be to book each segment of the trip as a one way ticket. That way the 4 segments that make up your round trip each earn 3 credits each, or 12 RR credits total.

no0neelse Dec 1, 2010 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 15360681)
Only if the flight is separate bookings. A connection within an A-B won't split the trip into two legs.

Example:
SFO-LAS-MDW = 1 flight = 3 credits with the promo
SFO-LAS + LAS-MDW = 2 flights = 6 credits with the promo

In the second example, you would have to reserve two separate flights even if it's the same path.

Originally Posted by boeing727 (Post 15360914)
If you flight includes a change in planes from point A to point B, that earns 3 RR credits. You don't earn credit for every segment of the flight, but rather the credit for getting you from point A to point B regardless of how many flights you take.

One roundtrip that is made of of 2 flights each way, or four segments, earns you 6 total credits (e credits each way with the 3X bonus). The only way to earn 12 credits would be to book each segment of the trip as a one way ticket. That way the 4 segments that make up your round trip each earn 3 credits each, or 12 RR credits total.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Perhaps that how doppler will be getting 12 credits per RT.

no0neelse Dec 1, 2010 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 15359208)
Wonder if this will stack on the DEN or PHL promos expiring 12/15? Check those terms.

After a quick glance, I didn't see anything in the terms that mentions not being valid with other promos. I would check with Southwest to make sure if you're planning on trying it. If they indeed stacked, you'd get 1 base credit + 2 bonus credits for this triple promo + 1 bonus credit for DEN/PHL, for a total of 4 credits.

I remember reading in another thread that the DEN/PHL promos should be stackable themselves, so potentially one could possibly get a total of 5 credits for a one-way flight between DEN and PHL (1 base + 2 bonus for triple promo + 1 bonus for DEN promo + 1 bonus for PHL promo).

I can't confirm this, but would be nice if you are planning to book anyway!

doppler Dec 1, 2010 8:06 pm

Long haul BS should be good for 12 credits R/T. Hot dang.

nsx Dec 1, 2010 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by doppler (Post 15363034)
Long haul BS should be good for 12 credits R/T. Hot dang.

No, only 8. You get 2 extra credits, not triple the normal amount.

pinniped Dec 1, 2010 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes (Post 15358142)
Got this today on FB as well. Really tempted to book a quick morning trip from DAL-TUL for $39 each way. ($99.40 with tax) I'd leave at 9:10, get to TUL at 10:10, leave TUL at 11:00 and be back at DAL at 12:00.

Not a bad deal to get 6 credits for less than 3 hours worth of work.

How is that a good deal? $100 + at least four hours of time (and that assumes you live fairly near Love Field) to get 6 credits that are worth maybe $120-150 total... Am I missing something?

I mean, if you genuinely want to go to TUL then this is a great excuse to do so...think of it as sort of a free-ish trip...but as a pure "mileage run" it doesn't seem to work unless my math is wrong.

expert7700 Dec 1, 2010 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 15363216)

though I calcualte phl-den would be give 12 credits per BS round trip

1 base credit
1 business select bonus
1 phl bonus
1 den bonus
2 facebook bonus
= 6 each way

jordanmills Dec 1, 2010 10:39 pm

Well I'd save about $150 and get triple credits... So I canceled a couple of flights and I'm trying to rebook them. And the site just gives me some error. This is great. Do they just not want me to fly?

The purchaser's preferred method of contact was not selected. (SW900001)

jordanmills Dec 1, 2010 10:54 pm

Well after talking with two clueless phone agents and being given assurances that swabiz customer support would promptly return my call at midnight, the site finally started working again on its own.

smmrfld Dec 1, 2010 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes (Post 15358142)
Got this today on FB as well. Really tempted to book a quick morning trip from DAL-TUL for $39 each way. ($99.40 with tax) I'd leave at 9:10, get to TUL at 10:10, leave TUL at 11:00 and be back at DAL at 12:00.

Not a bad deal to get 6 credits for less than 3 hours worth of work.

This makes no sense at all. The only possible way it could be worthwhile is if you needed to get some last-minute CP qualifying credits or are 2 credits shy of AL requal.

doppler Dec 2, 2010 6:36 am

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 15363216)

Shoot, I misread the promotion details in my haste to rebook my flights. 8 is still a good R/T count!

jco613 Dec 2, 2010 7:06 am

Between the dates of the promotion and my work schedule this sucked. I was looking at maybe doing a day trip to PHL or a mileage run to DEN but that would have given me 8 credits (I needed 9) and if it was $69 or $79 1/w it would have been worth it, but being in FLL, the prices were insane on the return due to holiday travel.

I miss my old job where I could take a day off and travel, but I'm paying my dues now and work 5-6 days a week, so day trips are rarely an option.

To the poster who asked if the price of DAL-TUL R/T was worth the credits, I say yes. BUT that's only if you are going to claim your RR ticket with it. If you have to fly 1 more flight anyway, no. Especially here in FLL, unless you're going intra-state or to like PHX, the WGA fares are insane (and yes, RR ticket seats are limited). My rule of thumb is if it costs me under $100 1/w and I need the credits to earn my ticket, I do the trip. As long as my total costs are less than a RT to a west coast destination, which is always my intended destination for the RR tickets (although I never end up there for some reason!), it is worth it. Especially if I get to go to a new city/airport.

cxn Dec 2, 2010 11:16 am

Stackable without an issue:

12/01/10 0962 DEN SLC 4