FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Triple Credit and RR Enrollment Bonus - Must Register and Book Today (December 1) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1154847-triple-credit-rr-enrollment-bonus-must-register-book-today-december-1-a.html)

xadiohead Dec 2, 2010 12:47 pm

I assume this was for yesterday and yesterday only?

Bummer

Steeler919 Dec 11, 2010 11:10 am

Has Anyone Gotten The Bonus and Made a Change?

Just wondering how people are doing with this. I canceled a trip and rebooked that day to get the bonus (even saved $10). Now I may have to change my return. Has anybody run into problems getting the extra credits after a change?

ArizonaFlyer Dec 11, 2010 11:42 am

I did the same thing, canceled what i had and re-booked. I see that my regular credit has just posted, but I don't see the extra credit yet...

FlyerX Dec 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I flew my first flight purchased with this promotion last night. My original flight was delayed by 2 hours, so I flew standby on the one before it (which was also delayed by about 1.5 hours). This morning, I had one credit in my account. I called customer service and she told me that I would receive one credit for my flight, with additional promotional credits issued by RR office in a few days. So... that's what I'm at. She also told me it shouldn't matter that I flew standby, because the delay was their fault.

Anyone have immediate credit issued?

smmrfld Dec 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 15428294)
I flew my first flight purchased with this promotion last night. My original flight was delayed by 2 hours, so I flew standby on the one before it (which was also delayed by about 1.5 hours). This morning, I had one credit in my account. I called customer service and she told me that I would receive one credit for my flight, with additional promotional credits issued by RR office in a few days. So... that's what I'm at. She also told me it shouldn't matter that I flew standby, because the delay was their fault.

Anyone have immediate credit issued?

I'm fairly certain that she's wrong and that you'll need to sort this out. My credits appeared immediately (3 credits instead of the usual 1), so it appears that something happened when your reservation was changed.

Steeler919 Dec 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Hmmm I wonder if I should wait until after my outbound flight to change my return? That way I'll at least get the bonus for the first flight, in case the change ruins the bonus for the the second one.

That is if the canceling and rebooking thing works in the first place.

nitro Dec 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Do NOT make a change if you want the 3x credit

I rebooked/refared several flights on Dec 1 to take advantage of this one day promo. I've received the 3 credits/flight twice and "lost" (only received one credit) the bonus on one flight that I changed after Dec 1 (which was booked on Dec 1).

sctn8gp Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Steeler919 (Post 15427759)
Just wondering how people are doing with this. I canceled a trip and rebooked that day to get the bonus (even saved $10). Now I may have to change my return. Has anybody run into problems getting the extra credits after a change?

From the T&C:

Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for this promotion

jordanmills Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 15428332)
I'm fairly certain that she's wrong and that you'll need to sort this out. My credits appeared immediately (3 credits instead of the usual 1), so it appears that something happened when your reservation was changed.

Same. Mine are showing up as 2 and 3.

FlyerX Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 15428332)

So, I flew my return trip last night (with no changes to my itinerary despite my 1.5 hr delay), and this morning only had one credit posted again. I called RR desk (as suggested by the main customer service number) and was told that I never registered for this promotion, or that I purchased the flight before registering. Which can't be true - I know I definitely registered before buying because 1) the only reason I bought the flights on SW was because of the promotion, and 2) I tried registering a second time once I registered the first time because I don't trust their system and was given the error that I had already registered under my RR#.

I bought 4 flights for this month's holiday travel and it will be very unfortunate for me if they continue to tell me that I never registered when I know I did :( Any tips on how to convince them that I know what I'm talking about, when I never received any confirmation emails (like AA sends) etc, and basically have no proof that I even registered?

smmrfld Dec 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 15440460)
Any tips on how to convince them that I know what I'm talking about, when I never received any confirmation emails (like AA sends) etc, and basically have no proof that I even registered?

Unlike most other promos, this one never showed up under the Promotions tab, which means that you couldn't grab a screenshot showing you were registered. Maybe try the "keep calling until you get a CSA who gives you what you want" tactic and see what happens.

Allan38103 Dec 13, 2010 9:44 pm

I signed up for FaceBook on Dec 1.

On Dec 1, booked and paid for Outbound and Return R/T. That same day I changed the return segment.

Flew 1st segment December 2. Received one credit. Flew 2nd segment Dec 3, one credit. No bonus for either.

Called Rapid Rewards to inquire. Basically, their answer was "because you made a change, Too Bad".

IMO, this part of the promotion was handled poorly on the part of SW. If the trip is booked on the correct day, any changes are made before the deadline, and trip flown before the deadline, what's the problem? Can anyone give a rational reason why they would not allow changes?

smmrfld Dec 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Allan38103 (Post 15444623)
IMO, this part of the promotion was handled poorly on the part of SW.

The T&C were clear. You chose to make a change, which voided your extra credits. Why is this WN's problem?

Allan38103 Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am

T&C's are NOT clear. That's the problem.

"Changes made to the itinerary after purchase WILL eliminate qualification for this promotion" = That is clear and unambiguous T&C

"Changes made to the itinerary after purchase WILL NOT eliminate qualification for this promotion" = That's also clear and unambiguous T&C

"Changes made to the itinerary after purchase "may" eliminate qualification for this promotion" To me, that means maybe Yes, maybe No.

Unclear.

toomanybooks Dec 14, 2010 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Allan38103 (Post 15445403)
T&C's are NOT clear. That's the problem..."Changes made to the itinerary after purchase "may" eliminate qualification for this promotion" To me, that means maybe Yes, maybe No.

Unclear.

If you read WN's policies you will often find use of the word "may" where it should not be. I've posted on this.

They are either trying to keep wiggle room so they can flexibly do what they want or they have a semi-competent lawyer on staff who writes this stuff.