FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Triple Credit and RR Enrollment Bonus - Must Register and Book Today (December 1) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1154847-triple-credit-rr-enrollment-bonus-must-register-book-today-december-1-a.html)

curbcrusher Dec 1, 2010 5:41 am

Triple Credit and RR Enrollment Bonus - Must Register and Book Today (December 1)

WN hit the 1 Million Fan milestone on its Facebook page on Monday. To celebrate, they are offering triple credit on flights booked today for travel during this month. They state you must register through the link on the Rapid Rewards tab of their Facebook page to qualify, but a direct link exists:

http://luv.southwest.com/servlet/formlink/f?kOHpjQTSCB

Offer:

Wow! Southwest Airlines has reached 1 million fans on Facebook! And we're celebrating with a special, limited-time offer—TRIPLE Rapid Rewards credit on every flight you take on Southwest Airlines between December 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010! That means you can earn three credits for every one-way flight (six credits when you travel roundtrip!) from any city that Southwest serves. At that rate, you'll earn a free* flight after just three roundtrips! Purchase a Business Select Fare with this promotion, and you'll get additional credit by receiving 3.25 credits for shorthaul flights and 4.0 credits for longhaul flights. You'll want to act fast because this offer is only available TODAY.

To take advantage of this promotion, simply follow these steps:

Step 1: Register for this promotion TODAY, December 1, 2010.

Step 2: Book a flight for yourself TODAY, December 1, 2010.

Step 3: Complete your travel between December 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010.

Register and book your travel TODAY and get to a free* flight after just three roundtrips!
Terms and Conditions:

Terms and Conditions: Two additional credits per one-way will be issued, except Business Select. Business Select Customers will receive 3.25 credits for flights less than 750 miles and 4.0 credits for flights 750 miles or longer. Member must be a Southwest Airlines Fan on Facebook. Member must register for this promotion on December 1, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. CST, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations only. Reservation must be booked on December 1, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. CST. Qualifying travel must be completed between December 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Travel on an Award or Companion Pass does not qualify for promotion. Bonus flight credits do not count toward A-List qualification. Rapid Rewards credit will post to your account within four days of completing travel. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for this promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. BN035
Additionally, there is a RR signup promo available today that will get you three bonus enrollment credits instead of the usual two. Add the credits received for subscribing to the email lists (and staying subscribed for three months), and that makes five credits total available through this offer.

http://www.southwest.com/1millionfacebookfansrr/

Note that this page contains the direct link to today's Triple Credit promo ("Already a Rapid Rewards Member? Register now to take advantage of this promotion!") that allows you to avoid Facebook if you desire.

Offer:

Be part of our celebration when you enroll in Rapid Rewards! For a limited only, you can earn up to five enrollment bonus credits when you join Rapid Rewards. You'll get three credits for enrolling and two credits for signing up for our Rapid Rewards e-mail communications (and stay subscribed for three months). On top of that, you'll be eligible to participate in our Triple Credit offer!

Here's what you do:
  1. Sign up for Rapid Rewards today, December 1, 2010, and subscribe to our Rapid Rewards e-mail communications (The Rapid Rewards E-mail Update and The Report). Upon enrollment, your Rapid Rewards account will be credited with three enrollment bonus credits and registered for our Triple Rapid Rewards promotion.
  2. Book a flight for yourself TODAY, December 1, 2010.
  3. Complete your travel between December 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010.
That’s it! Enroll today and be on your way to earning free* travel in just three roundtrips.
Terms and Conditions:

Enrollment Offer Terms and Conditions: Offer is only valid for new-Member enrollment. Customer must enroll in Rapid Rewards on at www.southwest.com/1millionfacebookfansrr. Enrollment must be completed on December 1, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. CST and prior to commencement of travel. Three (3) credits will be given upon enrollment. You must opt-in to receive The Rapid Rewards Report and The Rapid Rewards E-mail Update and stay subscribed for three months to get two (2) additional credits. Maximum number of enrollment bonus credits for this promotion is five. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

unrdchi Dec 1, 2010 7:43 am

I recently booked some flights for later this month. Can I cancel those reservations and rebook with the credit today to take advantage of this offer? I don't see anything in the T&C that woudl prevent this, but thought I'd get a second opinion. Thanks.

spankytoes Dec 1, 2010 8:05 am

Got this today on FB as well. Really tempted to book a quick morning trip from DAL-TUL for $39 each way. ($99.40 with tax) I'd leave at 9:10, get to TUL at 10:10, leave TUL at 11:00 and be back at DAL at 12:00.

Not a bad deal to get 6 credits for less than 3 hours worth of work.

nsx Dec 1, 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by unrdchi (Post 15358009)
I recently booked some flights for later this month. Can I cancel those reservations and rebook with the credit today to take advantage of this offer? I don't see anything in the T&C that woudl prevent this, but thought I'd get a second opinion. Thanks.

No problem at all. That's exactly what I intend to do if I can get the same fare.

Horse Dec 1, 2010 9:13 am

Able to take advantage of this awesome offer! Thanks Southwest!

toomanybooks Dec 1, 2010 10:37 am

Getting close to mileage-run territory, a rare occurrence for WN. Some of the alleged "as low as $59" fares are mythical for the entire month. MDW-CLE is $81 one-way until month-end, then drops to $59 for January. So nothing fabulous there.

Wonder if this will stack on the DEN or PHL promos expiring 12/15? Check those terms.

What is the cheapest city-pair nationwide for this deal?

SAT Lawyer Dec 1, 2010 10:47 am

Have some upcoming travel on $59 fares ($69.70 all-in). The same or similar flights, if booked today, feature $97 fares ($107.70 all-in). That's a $38 difference. $19 per extra credit. It's close, but it doesn't seem worth the extra cost.

I have a credit for $32.70 which expires on December 7th, incidentally. I don't think I'll be able to make use of it. If anybody else can make use of it, please send me a PM.

FlyerX Dec 1, 2010 10:50 am

This is great. Procrastination pays... ^

dickerso Dec 1, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks so much for sharing the link; I never "Like" on Facebook because it usually shows up in your status or on your friends' news pages, but this is a very valuable promotion.

gsupstate Dec 1, 2010 11:34 am

Sure wish it applied to flights after 3/13/11! ;) :(

doppler Dec 1, 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 15359294)
This is great. Procrastination pays... ^

ditto. I'm in for 3 12-credit R/Ts this month!

FlyerX Dec 1, 2010 12:36 pm

What would happen if I book today for a flight this month, then alter the reservation at some point before the trip? Would that invalidate the promotion credit? Not that I plan to do that, just a what if.

nsx Dec 1, 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 15360046)
What would happen if I book today for a flight this month, then alter the reservation at some point before the trip? Would that invalidate the promotion credit? Not that I plan to do that, just a what if.

My guess: if you travel in Dec and the original booking date for the PNR is Dec 1, you will get 3 credits.

smilee Dec 1, 2010 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by doppler (Post 15359726)
ditto. I'm in for 3 12-credit R/Ts this month!

With three times credit, I thought that it is six credits when you travel roundtrip

Is there some extra bonus I am missing to get 12?

no0neelse Dec 1, 2010 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by smilee (Post 15360572)
With three times credit, I thought that it is six credits when you travel roundtrip

Is there some extra bonus I am missing to get 12?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the RT involves a connection each way, wouldn't that give the 12 credits?