Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Orlando weather: go in mid-September, or wait until November?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

We have an option on some timeshare weeks in Orlando. The first is a top-tier property, but the week starts Sept. 20, '09. Is that still hurricane season?

Disney experts: if you had a choice between Sept. 20, ***** property, or mid-November, **** property, which would you take? My thought is neither week would have major crowds, but Sept. might be too hot/muggy/buggy.

Advise, please!
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
September WILL be hotter, muggier, and buggier. That being said, if the property is significantly nicer than the one you could have in November then you might want to just deal with it.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
We have an option on some timeshare weeks in Orlando. The first is a top-tier property, but the week starts Sept. 20, '09. Is that still hurricane season?

Disney experts: if you had a choice between Sept. 20, ***** property, or mid-November, **** property, which would you take? My thought is neither week would have major crowds, but Sept. might be too hot/muggy/buggy.

Advise, please!
Yes, that is technically hurricane season. It's not "over" until December 1st, but the threat or hurricanes begins to slowly decline by mid/late September, as the ocean water temps begin to moderate. Summer really doesn't begin to end until mid-October when the daytime temps fall out of the 90's, the humidity dips and the afternoon thunderstorms gradually give way to bluer skies.

I agree with your assessment regarding crowds at WDW. Once school starts in the fall, things are less crowded at the various theme parks & other attractions. If I were in your shoes, I would opt for the mid-November time period because crowds would be thinner and the weather nicer.

Have fun in Central Florida!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Best Orlando/Disney vacation we ever had was the week before Thanksgiving, checking out the day before the holiday.

Awesome weather. Relatively low crowds (about as slow as WDW gets these days). Easy to get restaurant reservations. Lower rental car rates, etc.

Perfect.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:34 am

Word from a Floridian - don't chance September!!! Orlando is one of the places that is used as an evacuation location for hurricanes and tropical storms headed to SFL.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: DSM, USDM, BAEC, AAAdvan
Having experienced the city in both months, I can definitely recommend November over September.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: Independent
Well, depends what you are going to do, and how much nicer the property is. And your tolerance level.

September will be a lot hotter than November. For some people, late November can be a bit cold. You don't really know - the weather in Orlando fluctuates a lot more than people imagine it does.

But you also have to consider what you plan on doing and how the properties are. Will you be doing the parks all day, day in day out? Plan on spending a lot of time by the poll? Just hanging out? Each makes a difference. If you are going to spend most of your time in the parks I would opt for November - less heat, less crowds. Going to the pool? November might be a bit cold for that if you are unlucky.

Is this long term or just this year? Hurricanes aren't as frequent as many of us imagine - they don't have one every weekend. And if you are talking about 1 week out of a year your chances of that being the week might be pretty low. You are far more at risk from bad thunderstorms and tornadoes that Hurricanes in Orlando.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by Cloudship
September will be a lot hotter than November. For some people, late November can be a bit cold. You don't really know - the weather in Orlando fluctuates a lot more than people imagine it does.
To reinforce Cloudship's comment regarding variability, Weather.com lists these as record temps for Orlando:
Code:
     HIGH      LOW
Sept  98       56
Nov   89       29
It also shows Nov average precip as half of September's. Still I would go with November, having a choice. Mainly because of typical weather, not because of the possible extremes or hurricanes.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:47 pm

If your mid-November encompasses Election Day and Veterans Day, please know that that is known as "Jersey Week' in Disney, as most every school in NJ has off and the parks are jam packed with Jersey folks

Just FYI
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:51 pm

As a native Floridian, I would vote November over September as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.