Search

Orlando -- Restaurants on International Drive

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2007, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus - Premier Associate Elite Nomination
Orlando -- Restaurants on International Drive

Hi

Can anyone recommend some good resturants in International Drive, preferably walking distance from 10100 International Drive

I'm looking for

* Chinese
* Breakfast buffet
* Spare Ribs (Steakhouse)

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2007, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.internationalplazaresortandspa.com/
Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:57 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Chinese: Ming Court & Trey Yuen. There's a Panda Express there, which is passable Chinese fast food

Breakfast Buffet: Sizzler and Golden Corral. There's a few International House of Pancakes (IHOP) locations on the drive as well that are pretty good. I'm not certain if Sweet Tomatoes serves breakfast, but if they do, I'd go there in a heartbeat. That's a great place. Go there for a healthy lunch that tastes good.

Steakhouse: Charleys is OK, Vito's is OK. Texas de Brazil is better than OK

http://www.internationaldriveorlando...ToDo/index.asp

check out that website for more info.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 8:38 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mkt
Steakhouse: Charleys is OK, Vito's is OK. Texas de Brazil is better than OK
I love Texas de Brazil. ^ If you decide to eat there, you might go to their website and register. They will normally send you a 25% off coupon (and given the prices, that can be a decent amount of money especially if you have a large party.)
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Do they actually have restaurants on International Drive? When I've been on it, there's so much traffic, I could never see as far as the edge of the road.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:58 pm
mkt

they actually do... I'm personally a fan of a hole in the wall brazilian pizzeria behind Starbucks
Old Sep 2, 2007, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by cyberdad
Do they actually have restaurants on International Drive? When I've been on it, there's so much traffic, I could never see as far as the edge of the road.
Yes they have more "restaurants" per mile than any place on the planet. The real question is "does what any of them sell qualify as proper human food?"
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:10 am

Places to eat International Drive, Orlando, Florida

I will be visiting Orlando, Florida later this year and am looking for any advice on places to eat.

I quite like the look of the 'All you can eat' buffets such as Ponderosa, but wondered if anyone can recommend them (or other places) ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus - Premier Associate Elite Nomination
Hi!

Just got back it's so big there, though I tried Golden Corrall there and a few others, can't remember all of them but it is cheap, IHop is good too

Hope a good start for you.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
If you value quantity over quality, Ponderosa and such are a good bet. On the plus side, they are reasonably priced, and even picky eaters should find something they like.

For many of the chains, the I-drive locations are among their largest/busiest locations worldwide, in some cases #1. They also tend to recognize that repeat business is not that big a factor for them. So for the most part, expect impersonal, lackluster service and so-so food.

As far as recommendations, if you like Chinese, try Ming Court, roughly across from Pointe Orlando and Wonderworks. For local seafood, try Dixie Crossroads in the Festival Bay shopping center on the north end of I-Drive. It is the second location for a very popular restaurant in Titusville, the specialty is rock shrimp.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:33 am

Thanks for the comments.

Do you know of any good Indian restaurants on I-Drive ?

Thanks
Daniel
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K Hilton Diamond
I know its not indian but there is a great Ethiopian restaraunt there...what's the name again...DANG!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
for a buffet, I recommend Sweet Tomatoes. It's on the north end of I-Drive at the intersection of I-Drive and Kirkman (435). Salad bar, made from scratch soups, pasta bar, muffins and breads (including a "pizza" style bread good for kids), baked potatoes and desserts.

http://www.sweettomatoes.com/

At the other end of I-Drive, near Sea World, is a great Thai restaurant Thai Thani.
http://www.thaithani.net/
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:34 pm
mkt

Originally Posted by Peace2Peep
I know its not indian but there is a great Ethiopian restaraunt there...what's the name again...DANG!
It's located on International Drive, literally just north of Carrier Drive. In the shopping center with Buffalo Wild Wings, Pizza Hut, Dottie's Comedy Cafe, and Lucky Leprechaun Irish Pub. But for the life of me, I can't remember either
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by tfmpa
for a buffet, I recommend Sweet Tomatoes. It's on the north end of I-Drive at the intersection of I-Drive and Kirkman (435). Salad bar, made from scratch soups, pasta bar, muffins and breads (including a "pizza" style bread good for kids), baked potatoes and desserts.

http://www.sweettomatoes.com/

At the other end of I-Drive, near Sea World, is a great Thai restaurant Thai Thani.
http://www.thaithani.net/
Thank you!^ I'm certainly going to try them when I go down this weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.