Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disney Park Hopper Passes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2003, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Disney Park Hopper Passes

I will be staying at the Swan for 3 nights. Can I purchase a 2day/1night park hopper pass,if I am staying for 3 nights? We want to go to a couple parks each day but we don't need a 4 day pass.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Disney doesn't sell Park-Hoppers in anything less than 4 days.

You might (on eBay, or Coupon Connection) be able to purchase Park-Hoppers that have a couple of days left on them, but buyer beware! You'll have no way of knowing if you purchased a dud until you walk up to the gate and insert the thing.

I know that Disney Resort guests have the option of purchasing a "Length of Stay" passport that are Park-Hoppers, but you have to buy them in increments of the day you arrive until the day you depart, and you may be paying for arrival and departure days where you can't visit the parks timing-wise.

Check with the Swan directly to see if they also offer Length of Stay tickets and if they might work out for you price and timing wise. I don't think they offer them however, unless perhaps with a package. I think they just have a Disney ticket desk in the lobby selling standard admission media.

One more thing...you might consider purchasing the 4 day Park-Hopper if you think you'll be returning to WDW sometime in the future. As they never expire, your unused days will be good on future visits.

Good Luck!

http://www.swandolphin.com/

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 01-14-2003).]
Old Jan 18, 2003, 7:20 am

If you only want to get two days, you can get a discount on the second day's ticket if you buy it at the same time as the first. It's basically $5 off the second day's ticket. The only downside to this is that the ticket will expire about 4 days from the day you purchase it, while Park Hopper passes truly do not expire.

I just returned from a trip to Disney and we used old Park Hopper passes from 1989! And despite what we'd heard about not being able to use old passes for the newest park (Animal Kingdom), the ticket agent simply exchanged our ancient passes for the new swipe-y passes, which gave us access to all 4 parks.

-Sabrina
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still use opening year (1971) passes for friends to get in on occasion. They are marked $3.00 General Admission (back then they used tickets at each ride, and you could purchase General Admission Tickets just to get in the park).

They are still accepted and since there are no longer tickets at each ride, they get you the whole works.

You should see the looks on the faces of the young Cast Members when you hand one of these over to them. They usually have to go get a supervisor to make sure it's Kosher.

Then the supervisor tells you, "Are you sure you want to use this? It must be worth a lot of money as a collectible?"

They are worth money as a collectible, but they don't fetch the $50 it takes to get into the parks these days, so I use 'em.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 8:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
I'll second PremEx's comments about buying the Park Hopper and using the left over days on another trip.

We went in December of 2002 and used the leftover days from our December of 2000 passes.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Premex, how many of those bad boys did you buy, and how many do you still have?

I'm seriously thinking about making an "investment" of a dozen or so 4 day Park Hoppers and saving them for my future grandkids.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of the particular ones I am referring to above...I didn't purchase any. They were comps. I probably had a couple of hundred at one time. Now down to about a couple of dozen.

I also have many early (1966) comps for Disneyland in California, that I still use for friends sometimes.

Here's a snap of both:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/disneycompmedia.jpg

But back in the mid '80s just before they went to all unlimited use on the attractions and when the only unlimited use ticket was sold to members of The Magic Kingdom Club and Disney employees, I did take advantage of a sweet employee price back then and stocked up to hedge against future inflation. The price I paid for each unlimited use Passport was $8.00. Considering that within just a couple of years later (after Eisner came on board) the price was up to $21.50, I considered that a pretty good investment on my part.

Of course today the price is about 50 bucks, and even though I used the majority of them up many years ago, the few remaining Disneyland $3.50s and $8.00s still work just fine at the entrance.

Even if you do get funny looks when you hand 'em over.

I also have an opening day (1955) ticket and several opening year tickets that were priced at $1.00, but those I would never use and will remain in my personal collection.

My favorite ticket collectible? Why a special United Airlines Employee Ticket Book, of course! From 1964, it features the A thru E tickets plus a very rare "F" ticket that was only valid on The Enchanted Tiki Room attraction that was sponsored by United Airlines.

When the Tiki Room first opened that year, it was such a big deal (the first Audio-Animatronic attraction) that even an "E" ticket wouldn't get you in. The general public had to fork over a few extra bucks for a special "F" ticket a la carte, just for this one show. The United Employee ticket book was the only one that had the "F" ticket already included in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.