Wiki Posts
Search

One hour connection in FLL to Costa rica

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:18 am
Original Poster

One hour connection in FLL to Costa rica

Hello,
We are booked on a JetBlue flight from Westchester airport on NY. We then catch a JB flight to San Jose, Costa Rica. JB just changed the connection time from 90 minutest to 60 minutes. Do all the JB flights arrive and leave from the same terminal? I am wondering if this is enough time. I know there is a short train ride to other terminals. Nonetheless, do not want to take a chance if we have to do that. It seems that JB only has one flight per day to San Jose, Costa Rica out of FLL. So, if we miss it, we are done.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by lia_b
Hello,
We are booked on a JetBlue flight from Westchester airport on NY. We then catch a JB flight to San Jose, Costa Rica. JB just changed the connection time from 90 minutest to 60 minutes. Do all the JB flights arrive and leave from the same terminal? I am wondering if this is enough time. I know there is a short train ride to other terminals. Nonetheless, do not want to take a chance if we have to do that. It seems that JB only has one flight per day to San Jose, Costa Rica out of FLL. So, if we miss it, we are done.
Is this ticketed as a single ticket? If so Jet Blu will put your luggage through to Costa Rica. If you miss the second flight Jet Blu will automatically book you on the next flight.
If this is 2 separate tickets I would call Jet Blu and see what they say. If you are late and ,iss the second flight it would be up to you to sort out a new flight as you would be considered a no-show.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you for replying. This is a single ticket with a connection. We travel carryon only. Unfortunately, JB has no other flights to San Jose until the next day. When I booked this flight the layover was almost 90 minutes. If we miss this connection, we are stuck in FLL overnight, which means we miss a day in Costa Rica that is paid for.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:50 am

Thank you for replying. This is a single ticket with a connection. We travel carryon only. Unfortunately, JB has no other flights to San Jose until the next day. When I booked this flight the layover was almost 90 minutes. If we miss this connection, we are stuck in FLL overnight, which means we miss a day in Costa Rica that is paid for.
Not too late to consider travel insurance. May not make sense price-wise, but subsidizing unexpected travel hiccups is one thing it is offering.

ETA: Also, check the credit card used for the trip as it might offer coverage of some missed connection expenses as well.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
If you miss the flight it will be up to the airline yo put you in a hotel, food etc. But that may not be enough if you do not want to miss a day in Cost Rica. If the airline changed the layover on a single ticket then they think it will be fine. They will either make it or hold the plane. You may find the gates are only a few minutes walk apart.
lia_b likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
If your HPN-FLL flight is cancelled or substantially delayed, you're going to miss your connecting flight regardless of whether your connection time is 60 minutes or 90 minutes. So the question is whether the marginal increase in mis-connecting associated with a 60-minute vs. 90-minute connection time is worth upending your plans.

Are you willing to go out on JetBlue's JFK-SJO nonstop, if JetBlue is willing to switch you to that flight at no charge?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
If you miss the flight it will be up to the airline yo put you in a hotel, food etc.
Even if the mis-connect is due to a weather delay on the HPN-FLL flight?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:05 am
Original Poster

There is no direct flight from JFK to San Jose for my travel date in early May. That JFK flight also connects to the same flight in FLL also with a 60 minute layover. Otherwise, I would definitely be on it. I don't like connecting flights. I do hope given that both flights connect to the same FLL flight, the airline feels that the layover is reasonable.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
If you miss the flight it will be up to the airline yo put you in a hotel, food etc. But that may not be enough if you do not want to miss a day in Cost Rica. If the airline changed the layover on a single ticket then they think it will be fine. They will either make it or hold the plane. You may find the gates are only a few minutes walk apart.
Lodging and food won't be provided if it's weather or ATC related. This time of year thunderstorm activity reeks havoc with the Florida airports. Can you call and see if you can be put on an earlier flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.