Louisville (SDF) - taxi or Lyft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?

Heading to Louisville tomorrow for a last minute trip, meeting a friend & her husband. They're driving, we're flying in. Best option to get to downtown hotel - taxi, or Lyft? I'm so used to using Lyft in most places, but sometimes when taxis have a flat rate (like MSY) it makes more sense. We arrive at 11:41am.

We were able to grab a couple bourbon tour reservations though it's pretty filled up (I usually travel in shoulder seasons so I'm used to places being closed, but not full ;-) If anyone has MUST DO/EAT recommendations, I'd gladly accept. The only things we know we want to do are the bourbon tours (Wed afternoon we have one "in town" and Thursday we have a car svc and 2 reservations outside town) and a walking tour of Old Louisville on Friday.....We're in town Wed - Saturday......
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Well, we ended up with Lyft and it was fine. Except the actual pick-up wasn't where the signage indicated it would be - confused many of us as we walked to the signs, then realized the cars were actually picking up on the main road and not in the designated lot. Ah well. Had a wonderful visit to Louisville, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, will plan food options better next time (and a different hotel location). For a last minute trip on a very busy week, it turned out great.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yup. Uber and Lyft are plentiful in Louisville. The airport is not far away from downtown so it's not very expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.